Berlin CMRT Map

3 hours ago, NPye said:

Offf subject a bit but I added the patrol destroyer from Aquilas collection, Juno Beach, What ya think Mark, Harry...Stupid or ok??? I know its off period but with the fog on and kept distant it adds something maybe....

I´d say go for it! Nice idea btw. 😎 Related idea.... add moody detail stuff like that to mountains BMP files instead? 🤔

...\Normandy v100B\b\terrain\skybox\mountains

maybe less resource hungry as well.

3 hours ago, NPye said:

PS Why do my Canadians have some British troop uniforms in their squads??? I haven't modded the Canadians/ Always been like this.

RgASzo.jpg

I´d likely check what tags are beeing used for individual SMOD classes first.  Maybe then HEX edit hacking the MDR´s might do what you want maybe.

1 hour ago, RockinHarry said:

Thanks, that´s interesting. Pity I´ve pushed BS Demo off my HD again. But I see concrete barriers in unpacked BRZ folders which I kept for evaluations and maybe "stealing" one object or another. What FO category is concrete barriers placed in in 2D map editor? 🤔 Is it a category we have in WW2 titles as well or a unique BS one?

Otherwise I´d say it really depends on "how" you make your test setup and perceive things. My (WW2) pixeltroopers do place "behind" FO only when one is in the way and a situation requires them to stop and do react on things. From my observations it´s a random thing and no "cover" evaluations are to be made for anything. That at least counts for WW2 titles FOs.  So that´s my perception on FOs providing "cover".

Under the"Barrier" category. They 100% provided cover to my troops

11 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Under the"Barrier" category. They 100% provided cover to my troops

Ah thanks. So that´s a unique to BS (and maybe other modern titles) flavor object type and won´t likely work (as cover) when beeing put to WW2 ones (hard coded category). Just downloaded BS Demo and will have a look again. Since concrete barriers are included I guess these must be placed somewhere on the demo mission map. Just got to find them and do some (limited) testing in demo mission.

On 11/10/2022 at 1:08 AM, RockinHarry said:

Gorgeous! 🤩 V2 looks very much improved compared to previous version which is/was great already. 😎 For the icing on the cake I´d yet add some dirt layers on the paved roads and maybe on some other ground textures as well. Pity that normal maps for ground textures aren´t supported. Bits of applying "exposure" on various ground textures might help accommodating a bit. When is V2 ready?

Testing this  for ground and paved road textures much rougher roads and tramlines plus cracked pavement. I like it. What do ya think. Cheers

RgEPsb.png

13 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

A "roughen" button in 2D editor or direct access to individual nodes in 3D one.

Yes that would be very useful. And truly 3D ground tiles.

Off course lots of work when placing stuff that goes in the hundreds... or thousands even. 🤪

Haha, yes, I only design the stuff I'll leave the click-fest to others! 🖱️

worth a try maybe. Think I saw dirty paved roads already. Got to take a look at GAJ and FGM again.

For straight road sections it needs beeing considered that they can be placed in one direction and reversed as well (North-South, South-North ect). That might break bits of the repeat pattern but IDK.

Yeah the flipping is quite useful just extra work and most mappers forget it's even there as a possibility.

Edit: for looks I´d only consider human eye level and not anything birds eye. One can´t get it right when viewed from any angles and heights anyway.

For sure - there'll always be those we can't satisfy 😝 ... limitations of the game as far as I'm concerned. 

2 hours ago, NPye said:

Testing this  for ground and paved road textures much rougher roads and tramlines plus cracked pavement. I like it. What do ya think. Cheers

Oh yes, they're very good. Real nice without barely any repeats. You already have some really good road textures - sort of old tarmac/concrete which I really like and would happily use in other titles to replace city roads and some of the cobbles. These will certainly add to our choices. Big 👍 from me!

17 hours ago, NPye said:

Offf subject a bit but I added the patrol destroyer from Aquilas collection, Juno Beach, What ya think Mark, Harry...Stupid or ok??? I know its off period but with the fog on and kept distant it adds something maybe....

PS Why do my Canadians have some British troop uniforms in their squads??? I haven't modded the Canadians/ Always been like this.

RgASzo.jpg

Did you find yours real British guys now ?😆

A propos British and Canadian, are they using the same gear, belt, backpack...I saw some pictures where the canadian were using another material without backpack but with all around them on a beld, little pouch...I will check where I have this picture !!

JM

3 hours ago, NPye said:

RgEPsb.png

whoaw I like the details of this picture, and I like all others pictures and movie that you did and will do, in fact I like all what you do 😎

JM

4 hours ago, NPye said:

RgEPsb.png

Yeah... that´s what I mean. 😎 Do similar stuff for unneeded in Berlin road types and I think you´ll have all required variety in there. Thus far we´ve 5 (6 if snowy road taken into account). Foot paths is another possibility though shares texture with other non road types. I´d preserve it for more creatives uses (terrain mesh shaping and adding "dirt layer" to pavement ground types etc).

2 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Haha, yes, I only design the stuff I'll leave the click-fest to others! 🖱️

lol 😅....too bad, making maps and using assets is still my prime interest. 🙄🤣 But Nigel will "suffer" with me. 😁

But we´re still well off, considering ARMA3 map makers placing things can go to the millions. 🤪

For sure - there'll always be those we can't satisfy 😝 ... limitations of the game as far as I'm concerned. 

If I could I´d just use high Q stuff at human eye level (1 key) and anything birds eye beeing very much simplified. Just like a 3D topo/overview map we sadly don´t have in CM. The maps that can be added in briefing screens are as good as useless for this purpose. I´d wish BFC would activate the 2D editor´s O-key "special editor overlay.bmp" also beeing accessible during actual 3D game play. Only the devil knows why they did not....

4 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

lol 😅....too bad, making maps and using assets is still my prime interest. 🙄🤣 But Nigel will "suffer" with me. 😁

Nope, not going there 😉 I love maps, have always been fascinated by them, so I know that if I got started on them here that would be the end of me, you'd never get another mod out of me. Maybe once I've finished making mods I'll have a serious go at maps, until that day we've got George and Nigel and Harry and other talent to satisfy my map lust.

But we´re still well off, considering ARMA3 map makers placing things can go to the millions. 🤪

I guess the R in ARMA stands for RSI ...

If I could I´d just use high Q stuff at human eye level (1 key) and anything birds eye beeing very much simplified. Just like a 3D topo/overview map we sadly don´t have in CM. The maps that can be added in briefing screens are as good as useless for this purpose. I´d wish BFC would activate the 2D editor´s O-key "special editor overlay.bmp" also beeing accessible during actual 3D game play. Only the devil knows why they did not....

Yes, don't know why we don't get an overview map of some sort, heck even real commanders in WW2 at least had decent paper maps. I did wonder about somehow manipulating the LOD system for aerial views to make something more useable, but it's too complex and still wouldn't satisfy.

I guess the R in ARMA stands for RSI ...

RSI? 🤔

Yes, don't know why we don't get an overview map of some sort, heck even real commanders in WW2 at least had decent paper maps. I did wonder about somehow manipulating the LOD system for aerial views to make something more useable, but it's too complex and still wouldn't satisfy.

Yup, also considering all the basic functionality resides in game engine already. Just need made accessible and rerouted to some editor buttons. In 2D editor pressing "O" key does the thing. In game it could work as well, when fixating game views to 6 and above. Just adding the outsourced custom made map layer on top might suffice for a start.

Nope, not going there 😉 I love maps, have always been fascinated by them, so I know that if I got started on them here that would be the end of me, you'd never get another mod out of me. Maybe once I've finished making mods I'll have a serious go at maps, until that day we've got George and Nigel and Harry and other talent to satisfy my map lust.

Nooooo.... don´t start making maps more seriously.... now. lol 😅

4 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

RSI

Repetitive strain injury - what we'll all end up with no doubt 🥴

7 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Yup, also considering all the basic functionality resides in game engine already. Just need made accessible and rerouted to some editor buttons. In 2D editor pressing "O" key does the thing. In game it could work as well, when fixating game views to 6 and above. Just adding the outsourced custom made map layer on top might suffice for a start.

There we made it for them ... 😝

7 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Nooooo.... don´t start making maps more seriously.... now. lol 😅

Not a chance!

7 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Repetitive strain injury - what we'll all end up with no doubt 🥴

Ah... that I´ve experience with already... unfortunately. 🥴 One my "mouse fingers" can get a swell if I overdo but developed my counter measures when I start feeling it. Thus as well I´ve deepest respect for ARMA map (and mission) makers generally.

And what's that I see in the distance?

Just a moment whilst I put my specs on 👓

Is it a 🦅?

Is it a 🛩️ ?

... no ...

... it's 🎅 delivering an early gift ... 

... not really, but ...

rZ2n7PW.jpg

... got it?

... ohh yessss!

ECPpeWR.jpg

... big @ss chimnies'r'us

mHW7pzv.jpg

... is it big enough? Is too much?

RImSeqw.jpg

... texture needs a bit of work, depending on the size. Absolutely not tested, and unknown what might happen if anyone gets inside which they might be able to do. A free glass of my whisky for me if you can guess the host. Answers on a postcard, closing date for entries tonight, my time.

3 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Ah... that I´ve experience with already... unfortunately. 🥴 One my "mouse fingers" can get a swell if I overdo but developed my counter measures when I start feeling it. Thus as well I´ve deepest respect for ARMA map (and mission) makers generally.

I'd imagine it's the modern affliction. I certainly suffer twinges and I have no doubt that our very own GeorgeMC must given the detail on his maps. That's why the map generator script by Butschi will really help for some of the random textures clicking.

3 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Is it a 🦅?

Is it a 🛩️ ?

... no ...

... not really, but ...

rZ2n7PW.jpg

... got it?

... ohh yessss!

ECPpeWR.jpg

mHW7pzv.jpg

RImSeqw.jpg

... texture needs a bit of work, depending on the size. Absolutely not tested, and unknown what might happen if anyone gets inside which they might be able to do. A free glass of my whisky for me if you can guess the host. Answers on a postcard, closing date for entries tonight, my time.

@NPye and @JM Stuff will love it! 😍 Kudos! 😎 No idea on the host (yet) but I´d considered experimenting with the windmill and same time preserving its associated META for functionality (multi level and pixeltroopers able to use these).

2 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

I'd imagine it's the modern affliction. I certainly suffer twinges and I have no doubt that our very own GeorgeMC must given the detail on his maps. That's why the map generator script by Butschi will really help for some of the random textures clicking.

Agree. But that´s the price of beauty I guess.

Ahh.... Butschi´s stuff. I´d downloaded all required files already but haven´t yet came to install and try it all out. 🤪 If it works (for me) it´ll surely be huge timer saver I guess. 😎

1 hour ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Is it a 🦅?

Is it a 🛩️ ?

... no ...

... not really, but ...

rZ2n7PW.jpg

... got it?

... ohh yessss!

ECPpeWR.jpg

mHW7pzv.jpg

RImSeqw.jpg

OMG u done it. How ****ing emmersive is that... I love it and can I have it?????? 

5 minutes ago, NPye said:

LOL thats iso awesome mate...Will work really well on Stalingrad maps as well...I think the size is good bud... You get a bottle of whiskey for this one... :)

1 hour ago, NPye said:

Just a thought we could place a burning lorry, then place the chim on top of that and maybe it would smoke lol Also I think we could place it in a building...How cool is that???

Yes I love it too we can place one or two exhaust to have some smoke, you have only to ask "the workers" to work a little more quick to see the smoke outside in the town...😂

JM