Berlin CMRT Map

2 hours ago, NPye said:

Just spent the last few hours TEXTURISING (LOL) JM Stuff T-34/85 wreck, it's easily my best tank wreck and I may have got a really good workflow to make it easy to produce more.... Whatta ya think????

RT5YCP.png

Show piece...

RT5vYK.png

In Battle

RT5uxi.png

Dam those Panzerfausts...

RT5e01.png

Sorry I was resized some vehicles before  send to Bootie the BS job.
Just to know 30 military and
10 civilian wrecks.

I was also in a no man's land with RT from a couple of days, happy that Harry give me some input with horses models and farmers that I can start again and with his find of 16 FOs instead 9 he give me a lot of work 😊.

So soon I will let you know on a small clip for RT PK2.

Next step CW than FI and FB and later BN.

I propose to give you wrecks and you will dress it like you want your diverses textures are really beautiful,  is a pleasure to see that I don't do something for nothing hope to see also this enthusiasms for the others modules😏😆

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

12 hours ago, NPye said:

Ok bud maybe use any of the big barns... or anything house like. Cheers

Yeah there's a two storey one that would work, quite large. Maybe a three storey house. Heck, why not have both, proper industrial variety pack.

12 hours ago, NPye said:

Mark do we need a block house if its a FO I can Place it over a suitable modular Building with no doors and place Heavy Rocks all around, to keep the armour away, that way we get total freedom of placement and no need, also I have seen these big chimneys free standing ie next to the Mill House in Stalingrad? Just a thought?

😳 Wwwwwwaaaaahhhhhh, wwwwwaaaaaaahhhhhh, wwwwwwwaaaahhhhhh,😭 🚼 😭 but I've spent so long getting just one UV map right 😭

🤣 Yeah of course we can have it as an FO as well. We'll have both, that way it can be used any old way you want. No doubt somebody would come along later and make it into an FO anyway. So you'll have a custom Berlin factory, your newly textured one, stock game model; a couple of FO chimneys, big one and slightly smaller one, need new brick texture for both, can be used anywhere; and a couple of custom Berlin chimney/engine house type buildings (indi barn and house). Once I've got the last UVs working, which should be fine now as I finally know what I need to do, then I'll bash out some FOs for you to get stuck into. Finally I'll finish the building conversions after that, these will have some rubbish placeholder textures for you to replace with your excellent textures, using the already made textures for the FO, we'll use the same texture names so you won't need to remake them.

8 hours ago, NPye said:

I built 5 ISU-152's gotta be done for the Bespoke Berlin Armoured Vehicles...

Terrifying beasts, looking good 👍 

6 hours ago, NPye said:

Just spent the last few hours TEXTURISING (LOL) JM Stuff T-34/85 wreck, it's easily my best tank wreck and I may have got a really good workflow to make it easy to produce more.... Whatta ya think????

Great stuff, perhaps a couple of impacts where it got hit by a panzerfaust or two?

3 hours ago, NPye said:

Converted the IS 2 to the 7th Independent Guards Heavy Tank Brigade, that's the polar bear unit seen outside the Brandenburg Gate.

REA6Cq.png

REAB0k.webp

REARq3.png

REAEhD.png

nice....but.....take notice the air identification stuff goes round the top as well. Unless you´ve bits of taken some artistic freedom off course. 😎

https://www.diecast.es/en/isu152-berlin-hobbymaster.html

1 hour ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Great stuff, perhaps a couple of impacts where it got hit by a panzerfaust or two?

Good craftmanship (as always) but I find it looks like it stood and rusted there for months already. I´d more prefer something freshly burned out and grimy and hit marks sounds like a nice idea as well. 😎

1 hour ago, JM Stuff said:

Strange, normaly is always Harry that want to destroy all on the CM story 😆

JM

Psssst 🤫😅

4 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

nice....but.....take notice the air identification stuff goes round the top as well. Unless you´ve bits of taken some artistic freedom off course. 😎

https://www.diecast.es/en/isu152-berlin-hobbymaster.html

Good craftmanship (as always) but I find it looks like it stood and rusted there for months already. I´d more prefer something freshly burned out and grimy and hit marks sounds like a nice idea as well. 😎

Appreciated always the unavoidable vigilance touch from Harry, all in the air !😄

JM

58 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

2 hours ago, JM Stuff said:
Harry it happens almost instantly after being hit, I found this:..

How come that wrecked Russian armor in Ukraine rusts so quickly?
Profile photo for Andy Duffell

Armourer, engineer, nerd.Author has 6.4K answers and 27.1M answer viewsApr 6

Flash oxidation.

Corrosion is a thermally-activated process. Which is just a fancy way of saying that the hotter the thing is, the faster the reaction occurs. If something is really, really hot (because a few hundred kilos of flammable fuel and ammunition propellants have all burned inside it) then the metal is going to react with the oxygen in the air really fast. Critically, once you get over a certain activation temperature the rate of oxidation really goes through the roof:

main-qimg-4cc7565e56e0d0815047ebea2edd3795

This isn’t just a tank thing. If you ever see a burned out car you can see the rust on it too:

main-qimg-839469fad7fe2d74e44accc539062965-lq

That orange hasn’t turned up after the fire, it happened during the fire when the steel was hot.

45 minutes ago, NPye said:

Profile photo for Andy Duffell

Armourer, engineer, nerd.Author has 6.4K answers and 27.1M answer viewsApr 6

Flash oxidation.

Corrosion is a thermally-activated process. Which is just a fancy way of saying that the hotter the thing is, the faster the reaction occurs. If something is really, really hot (because a few hundred kilos of flammable fuel and ammunition propellants have all burned inside it) then the metal is going to react with the oxygen in the air really fast. Critically, once you get over a certain activation temperature the rate of oxidation really goes through the roof:

main-qimg-4cc7565e56e0d0815047ebea2edd3795

This isn’t just a tank thing. If you ever see a burned out car you can see the rust on it too:

main-qimg-839469fad7fe2d74e44accc539062965-lq

That orange hasn’t turned up after the fire, it happened during the fire when the steel was hot.

Yep, hard to judge from the almost all b/w footage from Berlin 1945. Most pics that come to my mind that time saw rainy and wet weather so overall looks were darker usually. Yep, I know the ukraine pics and saw discussion earlier. Hard to tell if it´s really comparable taking all possible factors into account here. But do as you see fit! We don´t want delay V2 any further, do we? 😁

44 minutes ago, NPye said:

I will get it done...promise...lol

cool then. 😅

Btw, here´s some useful weather data from Radebeul weather observatory near Dresden city. Not far from Berlin so should match fairly closely IMO.

http://www.klotzsche-wetter.de/1945/1945-04.gif

http://www.klotzsche-wetter.de/1945/1945-05.gif

from here http://www.klotzsche-wetter.de/1945/1945.html

Edited by RockinHarry

1 hour ago, RockinHarry said:

Yep, hard to judge from the almost all b/w footage from Berlin 1945. Most pics that come to my mind that time saw rainy and wet weather so overall looks were darker usually. Yep, I know the ukraine pics and saw discussion earlier. Hard to tell if it´s really comparable taking all possible factors into account here. But do as you see fit! We don´t want delay V2 any further, do we? 😁

cool then. 😅

Btw, here´s some useful weather data from Radebeul weather observatory near Dresden city. Not far from Berlin so should match fairly closely IMO.

http://www.klotzsche-wetter.de/1945/1945-04.gif

http://www.klotzsche-wetter.de/1945/1945-05.gif

from here http://www.klotzsche-wetter.de/1945/1945.html

My god Harry you are really meticulous in your explanations well Nigel is also not bad ...NO I will tell you why, In fact is because I made a vehicle from ww2 in Black Sea so yes the orange appear a little but dont ask me whish month the rain come on to turn it as rusty         !!! 🙃🤣

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

2 hours ago, NPye said:

🤓 Great bit of science learning stuff, and answers a question I often had. Now all we need is little piles of ash where the tyres used to be and we're all set. We'll get JM to add those ... 😉

8 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

My god Harry you are really meticulous in your explanations well Nigel is also not bad ...NO I will tell you why, In fact is because I made a vehicle from ww2 in Black Sea so yes the orange appear a little but dont ask me whish month the rain come on to turn it as rusty         !!! 🙃🤣

JM

Hehe.... I´s also refering to mission design options. I.e if you want replay a particular historic battle that you´ve good info for, you´d surely take known ground and weather conditions into account as well. 😬 Say... a particular Berlin battle day had wet ground, temperature slightly above zero and light snowfall historically (yes that could happen in germany even late in april, see chart above) I´d set these conditions in CM mission data as well. BUT.... what if selected terrain, vehicle and FO sets look like it was dry and sunny day? Not everything can be tweaked with CM shaders and even ReShade has some limits. So for my own mission designs I usually do bits of adapting vehicle, uniform and any objects textures where I find necessary. Not a huge effort in GIMP (or PS-CS2) for me. Here´s some my earlier examples...

O8M5e3S.jpeg

frome thread here

It´s bits of modified Aris vehicle texture set, but I´d do on uniforms and terrain as well. It´s just an approximation and thanks to CM graphics engine we can´t do more shiny and reflective materials. 😛 Basically I try avoiding any object sticking out for it looking like beeing made for a different environment (dry, sunny...) Using CM shader is quite a tricky affair here. Do I switch shader (ALT-R) and shadows (ALT-W) on or off? Do I use crappy CM fog and hazy FX or rather try with ReShde? Can be pretty hard getting a convincing overall looks from it all. And I like having it while playing the game and not as Post FX made in Phostoshop or Gimp. So am I a meticulous detail freak? F*ck YES! 🤣

15 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

So am I a meticulous detail freak? F*ck YES! 🤣

Nothing wrong with that Harry,,, Yep great info for Berlin weather... it's just hard to truly represent wet conditions on all buildings ground and vehicles and troops... It would mean a complete new wet mod and even then just making a puddle look good is almost impossible with the current game engine???

13 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

😳 Wwwwwwaaaaahhhhhh, wwwwwaaaaaaahhhhhh, wwwwwwwaaaahhhhhh,😭 🚼 😭 but I've spent so long getting just one UV map right 😭

🤣 Yeah of course we can have it as an FO as well. We'll have both, that way it can be used any old way you want. No doubt somebody would come along later and make it into an FO anyway. So you'll have a custom Berlin factory, your newly textured one, stock game model; a couple of FO chimneys, big one and slightly smaller one, need new brick texture for both, can be used anywhere; and a couple of custom Berlin chimney/engine house type buildings (indi barn and house). Once I've got the last UVs working, which should be fine now as I finally know what I need to do, then I'll bash out some FOs for you to get stuck into. Finally I'll finish the building conversions after that, these will have some rubbish placeholder textures for you to replace with your excellent textures, using the already made textures for the FO, we'll use the same texture names so you won't need to remake them.

lol Sorry Mark I thought I was being helpful... you are the man for this so I leave it all up to you bud... Cheers Thanks again BTW

23 minutes ago, NPye said:

Nothing wrong with that Harry,,, Yep great info for Berlin weather... it's just hard to truly represent wet conditions on all buildings ground and vehicles and troops... It would mean a complete new wet mod and even then just making a puddle look good is almost impossible with the current game engine???

yup, that was what I wanted saying. But as said whole wet condition mod set ain´t neccessary IMO. One can base it on what´s used in a particular mission only, which limits workload. That´s what I´ll most likely do then.

Here´s another nice example of "wet looks" T34/85 😎 

Notice its dry looks at the start of the vid then turning to "wet" later.

Edited by RockinHarry

2 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

yup, that was what I wanted saying. But as said whole wet condition mod set ain´t neccessary IMO. One can base it on what´s used in a particular mission only, which limits workload. That´s what I´ll most likely do then.

Here´s another nice example of "wet looks" T34/85 😎 

Notice its dry looks at the start of the vid then turning to "wet" later.

Wouldn't that be awesome in game, starts off overcast with a rain shower in the middle of the game then turning out sunny...

Whilst playing a scenario I got held up and virtually everyone had to go to ground due to some unstoppable Konig Tigers, and Mortars, this was for a while and it soon came time for my 1st reinforcements, smack bang where they were mortaring and in front of these giant Tigers that had taken up a great position overlooking my Assault troops that were hugging the ground... I had some T34/85's but they could not move to better positions either. The point i'm trying to make is wouldn't it be great if we could choose when to deploy our reinforcements, because what happened is just as expected, they deployed and where instantly under fire from the Demons of Death Tigers and mortars... I tried to cover them with a smoke screen but as Soviet Tanks and infantry do not have smoke shells??? I had use the mortars and this took time and I lost many troops before they could escape and even then some refused to move as they were so rattled by the whole experience their will had escaped them... and death smiled on them...Oh well an amazing game and I think the AI is acting better since the update...It just seems a bit shaper?

REGKdD.png

The Demons of Death, they left a trail of destruction in their wake...

1 hour ago, NPye said:

Whilst playing a scenario I got held up and virtually everyone had to go to ground due to some unstoppable Konig Tigers, and Mortars, this was for a while and it soon came time for my 1st reinforcements, smack bang where they were mortaring and in front of these giant Tigers that had taken up a great position overlooking my Assault troops that were hugging the ground... I had some T34/85's but they could not move to better positions either. The point i'm trying to make is wouldn't it be great if we could choose when to deploy our reinforcements, because what happened is just as expected, they deployed and where instantly under fire from the Demons of Death Tigers and mortars... I tried to cover them with a smoke screen but as Soviet Tanks and infantry do not have smoke shells??? I had use the mortars and this took time and I lost many troops before they could escape and even then some refused to move as they were so rattled by the whole experience their will had escaped them... and death smiled on them...Oh well an amazing game and I think the AI is acting better since the update...It just seems a bit shaper?

REGKdD.png

The Demons of Death, they left a trail of destruction in their wake...

Very nice job you really enjoy to texturing vehicles.

When you have some dead soldiers I will asking you to take some screenshot from up and the side that I see what positions they are taking... I could than  eventual working later on dead soldiers and apply more easy the textures taking the real positions in the game. 

I was trying to take some screen from 3d soldier but they are without textures.

Also that I would like to know how BF present his dead soldiers probably with a script or something else because I dont see any pictures of dead soldiers in the game, this will be more easy of course linked with a mdr.

Thanks in advance.

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

5 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Hehe.... I´s also refering to mission design options. I.e if you want replay a particular historic battle that you´ve good info for, you´d surely take known ground and weather conditions into account as well. 😬 Say... a particular Berlin battle day had wet ground, temperature slightly above zero and light snowfall historically (yes that could happen in germany even late in april, see chart above) I´d set these conditions in CM mission data as well. BUT.... what if selected terrain, vehicle and FO sets look like it was dry and sunny day? Not everything can be tweaked with CM shaders and even ReShade has some limits. So for my own mission designs I usually do bits of adapting vehicle, uniform and any objects textures where I find necessary. Not a huge effort in GIMP (or PS-CS2) for me. Here´s some my earlier examples...

O8M5e3S.jpeg

frome thread here

It´s bits of modified Aris vehicle texture set, but I´d do on uniforms and terrain as well. It´s just an approximation and thanks to CM graphics engine we can´t do more shiny and reflective materials. 😛 Basically I try avoiding any object sticking out for it looking like beeing made for a different environment (dry, sunny...) Using CM shader is quite a tricky affair here. Do I switch shader (ALT-R) and shadows (ALT-W) on or off? Do I use crappy CM fog and hazy FX or rather try with ReShde? Can be pretty hard getting a convincing overall looks from it all. And I like having it while playing the game and not as Post FX made in Phostoshop or Gimp. So am I a meticulous detail freak? F*ck YES! 🤣

Yes I see that is not really @aris vehicles but probably more @RockinHarry, did you make yours own textures soldiers and vehicles for this period, all seam to be more dirty and wet, also the ground is this the one from @Falaise, something that I appreciate are they already include in your mod You enter in Germany, or you did some news, if yes can you later provide a link about ?

Dont pay attention too much to my jokes,  this is a must to me, but I really appreciated the talk that you are to explain like @Lucky_Strike, and @NPye to explain something in deep sense.

JM