Berlin CMRT Map

2 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

but they weren´t invulnerable either. Here´s some pic from Breslau 1945

1582052014_is_2_537_breslau_1945_1mu8na0

Caption: IS-2 No. 537 Lieutenant B.I. Degtyarev of the 222nd Separate Tank Ropshinsky Red Banner Order of Kutuzov, 1st Class Regiment, shot down at Strigauerplatz in the German city of Breslau.

And this massive steel weight was probably knocking out from a "Pimpf" (young guy from the Hiltler Youngs) with a simple panzerfaust or panzerschreck (just a though) !

JM

7 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

I don´t want influencing you. Just play some and if you have them, compare with current version CMBN and/or CMFB. But your Berlin map now would best proving grounds for some check up.

They Inf units seemed better spaced when moving and also when laying on the ground they seperated into 2 units with space between them and I noticed the AI troops seemed a bit more aware and layed down when shot at rather. But they may have been on Assault orders??? I'll keep an eye out. Cheers

1 hour ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Delays on the production line ... blo*dy UV maps driving me insane. Just when I thought I had it cracked as well. Hpefully get it sorted one way or the other tonight.

No worries bud... I am ready to launch V2. But I gotta wait for these models. Will be awesome. Cheers

On 11/19/2022 at 3:08 AM, RockinHarry said:

@NPye and @Lucky_Strike did you had a look at latest CMRT 2.12 patch content yet? I see lots of added and updated content in there likely relevant for running CMRT modding efforts. Just in case. I´m just browsing through unpacked BRZ files and make me an overview.

Okay so I updated to 2.12 on my Mac - so far I've noticed the patch contains all the brz files from red thunder v201.brz through to red thunder v212.brz as well as new .exe/.app, the new battles, scenarios, campaigns, master maps and a few other bits - this explains why it's so big. The ONLY new brz is red thunder v212.brz all the rest are exactly the same as we already have. All the engine updates, other than new scenarios, maps etc, must be in the .exe/.app and associated files. I noticed on my Mac that quite a few files that are part of the app bundle were updated. No new textures or mdrs to worry about 👍

Edited by Lucky_Strike

8 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

And this massive steel weight was probably knocking out from a "Pimpf" (young guy from the Hiltler Youngs) with a simple panzerfaust or panzerschreck (just a though) !

JM

could well be. There were 2 of these Pimpf battalions employed and Striegauer Platz was at western and outer periphery of the city. Couldn´t find something more detailed in my Breslau book. But seems both Pimpf and Volkssturm units performed fairly well during the 3 month siege. They received some Wehmacht cadre and were constantly trained during the battles and had time to improve. Unlike most and many other Volkssturm, that either run away (went home) or were beeing incorporated into wehrmacht units.

judging from the photo it seems the IS-2 received half a dozen (penetrating) hits on its side armor, supposing it moved into an ambush of which there were many in (successful) Breslau defenses. So my guess would either be a Pak 75mm or some the handful of armor germans had in the city (1 x Jagdpanzer 4  w. long Panther 75mm gun, few Stug 3 and some Marders). There were also a rather big amount of 88 incorporated in the defense and that in some fairly clever ways. Just from reading my Niehoff/Ahlfen book, I already got a big amount of ideas for possible scenario making. 😎 We´ll see...

6 hours ago, NPye said:

They Inf units seemed better spaced when moving and also when laying on the ground they seperated into 2 units with space between them and I noticed the AI troops seemed a bit more aware and layed down when shot at rather. But they may have been on Assault orders??? I'll keep an eye out. Cheers

Thanks bud. 😎 Although none of all this is mentioned in BFC readme (or elsewhere) I wouldn´t exclude they did some the observed improvements. Needs more play testing to go sure. However... I hate when BFC adds or changes things not beeing documented. Just like the silent removal of ammo dumps in both CMFB and CMRT. 🙄 WTF... 😒

43 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Okay so I updated to 2.12 on my Mac - so far I've noticed the patch contains all the brz files from red thunder v201.brz through to red thunder v212.brz as well as new .exe/.app, the new battles, scenarios, campaigns, master maps and a few other bits - this explains why it's so big. The ONLY new brz is red thunder v212.brz all the rest are exactly the same as we already have. All the engine updates, other than new scenarios, maps etc, must be in the .exe/.app and associated files. I noticed on my Mac that quite a few files that are part of the app bundle were updated. No new textures or mdrs to worry about 👍

Yep, guess it´s mostly F&R related changes and additions. Haven´t compared in detail, but I always base my mods on latest BFC files, whether they´re changed or not. Just to go safe. Did you as well noticed any different infantry behaviors with V2.12? Other undocumented things? 🤔

1 hour ago, RockinHarry said:

Yep, guess it´s mostly F&R related changes and additions. Haven´t compared in detail, but I always base my mods on latest BFC files, whether they´re changed or not. Just to go safe. Did you as well noticed any different infantry behaviors with V2.12? Other undocumented things? 🤔

No haven't had a chance to get down with the pixeltruppen yet. If I notice anything I shall report back.

24 minutes ago, NPye said:

Been meaning to do this for ages, I updated the Factory...what a nightmare file structure this has???

... but looks so much better for your update.

Can I make a suggestion ... Since you have made such a good job of this I actually think it might be overwhelming having so many big chimneys grouped together ... what if we keep the factory as is, perhaps lose the larger of its chimneys, then change another indi building into an engine shed/chimney house just for Berlin. I think it could be made to work reasonably well - use one of the commercial buildings or houses at the same angle as the factory, something you're not using already, big chimney, your new brickwork and windows to match the factory - instant industrial complex goodness? The changes I'm making for the chimney factory at the moment would easily fit into another building.

Edited by Lucky_Strike

2 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Can I make a suggestion ... Since you have made such a good job of this I actually think it might be overwhelming having so many big chimneys grouped together ... what if we keep the factory as is, perhaps lose the larger of its chimneys, then change another indi building into an engine shed/chimney house just for Berlin. I think it could be made to work reasonably well - use one of the commercial buildings or houses at the same angle as the factory, something you're not using already, big chimney, your new brickwork and windows to match the factory - instant industrial complex goodness? The changes I'm making for the chimney factory at the moment would easily fit into another building.

Ok bud maybe use any of the big barns... or anything house like. Cheers

Edited by NPye

Mark do we need a block house if its a FO I can Place it over a suitable modular Building with no doors and place Heavy Rocks all around, to keep the armour away, that way we get total freedom of placement and no need, also I have seen these big chimneys free standing ie next to the Mill House in Stalingrad? Just a thought?

1 hour ago, NPye said:

I built 5 ISU-152's gotta be done for the Bespoke Berlin Armoured Vehicles...

RTw66e.png

RTwrPq.png

beautiful beasts mate! 😎

Edit: How about adding a variation like this maybe?

https://www.diecast.es/en/isu152-berlin-hobbymaster.html

isu_152_1161_berlin.jpg

if you like the sound of that beast I can grab it and convert for CM use. But it´s one for all (heavy tanks) then.

Edited by RockinHarry

Just spent the last few hours TEXTURISING (LOL) JM Stuff T-34/85 wreck, it's easily my best tank wreck and I may have got a really good workflow to make it easy to produce more.... Whatta ya think????

RT5YCP.png

Show piece...

RT5vYK.png

In Battle

RT5uxi.png

Dam those Panzerfausts...

RT5e01.png

Edited by NPye

23 minutes ago, NPye said:

Just spent the last few hours TEXTURISING (LOL) JM Stuff T-34/85 wreck, it's easily my best tank wreck and I may have got a really good workflow to make it easy to produce more.... Whatta ya think????

RT5YCP.png

Show piece...

RT5vYK.png

In Battle

RT5uxi.png

Dam those Panzerfausts...

RT5e01.png

I think "U" did a very good job with it