Berlin CMRT Map

1 hour ago, JM Stuff said:

Lucky I am unhappy now I don't have computer boooo! 😥

I was checking the long text that Harry send me a link (also find some Chinese word's 😂 but a little more clear now about this kind of files...

So when I am home I will working on, this is for me a good warm up and take good notes, some days again and...I will push the button again, first the nature...😎

JM

Since you can't relax on your holiday withut knowing the answer to this I did ...

QmJCIdp.jpg

When you get back, copy the smoke black.bmp to your Z folder and rename it smoke gray.bmp

Then you can drive around polluting the countryside with your sooty exhaust fumes - note that you may be charged extra to drive into some cities because of your emissions ... 💨

54 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Since you can't relax on your holiday withut knowing the answer to this I did ...

QmJCIdp.jpg

When you get back, copy the smoke black.bmp to your Z folder and rename it smoke gray.bmp

Then you can drive around polluting the countryside with your sooty exhaust fumes - note that you may be charged extra to drive into some cities because of your emissions ... 💨

lol 😅 and when doing the black smoke rename to white smoke we´ll get... black phosphorous! 🤪

tNTrfhi.jpg

2 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Yes, trees that I've looked at from other games are usually done in the same way.

The thing that a lot of players complain about with CM is the draw distances - the hard line that appears so quickly and how it affects their enjoyment of the game. The trees flick in and out of the various LOD stages very noticeably, though the actual models are quite gradually changed until we get the poster / billboard type. I did a load of experiments looking at how the Tree LODs are used and to see if there was much room for improvement, sadly there's not really much we can do. Where a lot of modern games use some additional methods, mist, muted colours etc to deal with distance CM only has the one very intrusive method, and otherwise everything is always in sharp focus, which is quite unnatural, and lacks any change to colour for distance as well as the lack of shadows under things like forest even on dull overcast weather to anchor the landscape. My list of criticism of how the game handles distance is quite long, mostly because I see it as one of the major weaknesses of the graphics engine, but I know that this is mostly down to the engines age and lack of things like multi-processor access, lack of optimisation for modern GPUs etc etc.

I chop and change my settings whenever I see this or that new tip to improve one's game experience, better frame rates, better draw distances blah blah blah; but really these tweaks make barely any perceived difference when one has tried nearly everything. The biggest boost I got to my framerates, at least on my PC, was over-clocking my processor, better framerates meant I could up the graphics quality a little. But yes, balanced is mostly as good as it gets for gameplay. And we wait for the fabled engine update which would add optimisations reputedly...

Thanks for these links I shall read all about it with interest.

Yup, agree on all. The last thing on my purchase list with "old" engine will be CMFB CW module. Then will skip everything else, incl. stuff I´ve no (big) interest in anyway (FI, CMSF2, BS and CW). Then wait for game engine X. If we´re still among the living then off course. 💀👻

1 hour ago, Lucky_Strike said:

QmJCIdp.jpg

Whaoooww, Yes this is what I want to have longtime ago...don t tell me guys, this is not much better like this, hope now that the burned vehicles don t have white smoke 😁🤬!!!

I would like to be 5 days more older as now, or having a laptop, next time I keep mine I take notes in my phone that my loving woman ask me always what are you doing adn find that I am a little nervious, grrr I keep my mind for later home... just joking, guys, my girl friend and me enjoy a lot with dogs and the nature, not Your Nature Lucky😉,  we need all to cut the habbit sometime...!

Allez allez, I will check the last news on the forum, Guys your are making a revolution with all yours stuffs 😆 

hope to see a mod pack soon.

JM

That's what I said as well - maybe this IS JM's holiday, a week of just CM forums - pizza, beer, CM non-stop 🍕🍺 🌴

Lets say, sun, tapas, ham, beer, cheese, and Tinto de verano (red wine with lemon or orange) !

I am always in Spain but to another region, the Mediteranea...need blender and gimp, need blender and gimp...

JM

1 hour ago, RockinHarry said:

lol 😅 and when doing the black smoke rename to white smoke we´ll get... black phosphorous! 🤪

tNTrfhi.jpg

This is really the effect that happend when you rename it ? you rename it as well Harry ?

...then the (TUV)* will no more accept any vehicles on the street.

I dont know the name in english but this is :

* Cie able to accept or refuse a vehicle driving on the street (polution, breack,...).

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

QmJCIdp.jpg

No chance to show a short clip when you turn the gaz of your monster ? I am so exited to see this on my PC!!!!

Lets say when you have time only, dont want to disturb too much your job !

JM

Short update on Flavor object editor buttons of which ATM we have 16 (4x4) for direct access. I´d resized the buttons further down to 9 pixel (36/2, 18/2) which off course is way too small for reading numbers. Anyway, that didn´t change the available button matrix, which seems beeing limited to always 4x4 (=16). So for now we can´t directly access more than 16 flavor objects from each flavor category, although more would technically be available. But I´ve noticed an oddity that might help working out something that allows accessing more than 16 the same time. Stay tuned. That´ll take a while.

1 hour ago, RockinHarry said:

Short update on Flavor object editor buttons of which ATM we have 16 (4x4) for direct access. I´d resized the buttons further down to 9 pixel (36/2, 18/2) which off course is way too small for reading numbers. Anyway, that didn´t change the available button matrix, which seems beeing limited to always 4x4 (=16). So for now we can´t directly access more than 16 flavor objects from each flavor category, although more would technically be available. But I´ve noticed an oddity that might help working out something that allows accessing more than 16 the same time. Stay tuned. That´ll take a while.

Yes Harry very nice very welcome because of you 16 wrecks vehicules can be created instead 9 a very nice find.

mean that I let one or two original flavours objects in case we want use it, but already 14 are availables by each FO.

Thus I did 14 axe 14 allied and normaly 14 civilian veh., but with the last one I will mixing !

Without you never we will know the maximum of objects we can added.

Home sweet home...

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

43 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Oh alright then ...

Ough ough ough cough cough !! 😷

Splendide thank you Lucky, what do you think about ?

The pink color is because the shader or something else I guess, is only to you this is an effect of shader...?

Intro of music is also nice !

Merci to take the time friend.

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

5 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Yup, agree on all. The last thing on my purchase list with "old" engine will be CMFB CW module. Then will skip everything else, incl. stuff I´ve no (big) interest in anyway (FI, CMSF2, BS and CW). Then wait for game engine X. If we´re still among the living then off course. 💀👻

Yes I'm kind of with you on that, get the complete set as it were. I also don't share any interest in modern warfare titles, save for the trees in SF2 which I envy.

3 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

I bet most folks on here don't even know that we can have 16 in each panel. Any more and we'll run out of ideas for objects!

Fascinated to see what more you have discovered.

2 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Ough ough ough cough cough !! 😷

Splendide thank you Lucky, what do you think about ?

The pink color is because the shader or something else I guess, is only to you this is an effect of shader...?

Intro of music is also nice !

Merci to take the time friend.

JM

No, the pink was my purple haze specially commissioned for you.

Not sure what else uses the grey smoke texture. You'll have to experiment some more when your holiday is over.

7 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Yes Harry very nice very welcome because of you 16 wrecks vehicules can be created instead 9 a very nice find.

mean that I let one or two original flavours objects in case we want use it, but already 14 are availables by each FO.

Thus I did 14 axe 14 allied and normaly 14 civilian veh., but with the last one I will mixing !

Without you never we will know the maximum of objects we can added.

Home sweet home...

JM

4 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

I bet most folks on here don't even know that we can have 16 in each panel. Any more and we'll run out of ideas for objects!

Fascinated to see what more you have discovered.

Well... the "oddity" was I mixed up files that shouln´t have been in my CMRT folders or deleted. So I was on wrong path here. 🤪 Nonetheless...another one came to mind:

IF we can get rid of original flavor object buttons as included with the games main BRZ data files, then one can replace editor buttons 1-16 with ones numbered 17-32 (and further). This then should give direct editor access to flavor objects 17-32 (in editors 4x4 matrix) if present in games data/z folders. Assuming the game engine accepts that there´s a gap for editor buttons 1-16 now and shows/loads 17-32 instead.

So how can that be theoretically worked with:

Open map/mission file with 1-16 buttons present in mod folder. Place all (or just desired) 1-16 objects on the map. Maybe near the edge of the map or other convenient place. Save mission and exit game. Go to mod folder and delete buttons 1-16 and put in (if not present already) 17-32. Launch game and load mission again. Any previously placed objects (from 1-16) should be still on the map, but now in editor buttons 17-32 are shown and thus make associated objects directly accessible for placement. Place any of these you like, adding them to already placed 1-16 ones.

Now with desired assortment of flavor objects (from 1-32) placed on map, one can do further placement in 3D editor with standard methods, ALT-SHIFT click (copy/paste), ALT click (grab and place) etc.

It´s bits of an awkward method, but for serious map design one does it just once, then having all desired flavor objects on map until it´s all finished. Then any unneeded objects can be deleted with CTRL click again. So that´s the theory.

If in mod folder only buttons 17+ (of 18 pixel size) are present, CM loads the missing 1-16 (of 36 pixel size) ones from it´s BRZ data files by default. So the modded 17-32 ones never show up. So here´s the tricky part. When deleting original buttons 1-16 from CM original BRZ file (ResExplode, delete, ResPack), will the game engine then consider the repacked BRZ as beeing invalid or corrupted and thus the game not launch ⛔⁉️🤔

So before I possibly f..k up my CMRT install and kill current game activation.

No luck with adding more generic editor buttons and associated objects for flavor objects beyond 16. Game didn´t complain while loading my edited and then repacked BRZ data file (red thunder v100a.brz). But that´s not the problem. It seems editor UI ain´t prepared for loading more than 16 generic buttons. Anything tried to be loaded with 17+ buttons is messing up the 4x4 button matrix. New/different buttons will be sort of overlayed on top of existing buttons with tiny blue and green squares in an odd way.

unRt9vY.jpg

Parts of them can be clicked (and flavor placement activated), but others not. So seems we´re stuck with 16 buttons/16 flavor objects per category.  😐

Unless maybe @Battlefront.com reads this and decide for expanding the flavor object matrix to include more than possible 16 ones by default. 🤔