Cold War Demo?

Almac

Hey All,

I'm keen to give this game a shot. I keep mulling over buying it but am hesitant to pull the trigger given my preference for ww2 titles. I understand a demo will be released at some point, is there an ETA on when it will be released? Or, will a demo not be released sorry? 

Thanks,

Almac 

There's still an outstanding tweak to the title that they're waiting on, I think its called PBEM+ and its coming from Slitherine. Once that's taken care of the title will get offered for sale on Slitherine/Steam and a demo will come out.

It is definitely on the list as we keep moving towards Steam release.  We have scenarios selected and built.  Right now the long pole is actually getting an installer etc built but the same people needed for that are pretty busy.

Short answer...soon and I would bet before or on Steam release, slated for 22 Jul right now

All CM demos have have full PBEM functionality (although you can only play demo vs demo). The Cold War demo will be no different. It will come with the new PBEM++ system attached to it. Which means that it will not be available until sometime after the Steam version is released.

I also prefer the WWII games, and I have all of them, but since buying CMCW I have left all my WWII CM Games and I'm staying with just this one game. I served in the USMC from 1981-1989. This game was my dream come true, as it has all of the vehicles and weapons that I trained with for 8 years, only module besides the West and East Germans that I would like to see would be a USMC Module, believe me we trained in Norway, Italy and the Balkans getting ready to face the Russian Bear. Maybe I might be a bit BIASED, this game is GREAT, I Promise you. Sergeant Lukas