Demo charges against pillboxes and bunkers

So, since one's truppen can't enter such fortifications as long as they're occupied by enemy, suggestions on how to use the blast command in this situation? I'm experimenting with just using the target command from adjacent 'hex', but I hope my troops won't just blow themselves up too!

2 minutes ago, ASL Veteran said:

They should eventually toss the demo charge themselves if you just leave them to do their own thing.  Targeting might actually confuse the pixeltruppen in some cases.

Interesting, and how close do they have to be to toss it? Adjacent?

I saw in a previous thread, someone mentioned that one can trace a blast command horizontally to the surface you wish to blast, but Pillboxes and bunkers usually aren't lareg enough to trace a path like that; ie. they're usually only one 'hex' wide.

38 minutes ago, akd said:

BLAST should actually be labeled BREACH.  It is not a targeting order, but a way to alter pathing obstacles.

Agreed, and how does one 'breach' a pillbox/bunker or otherwise use the charges against said fortifications?

As ASK Vet said, you can only place the unit with charges near the bunker and it will throw it when the unit "bloody well feels like it, so get off my back".  Ditto for attacking armor with charges.

Breach/Blast command is only useful for walls/hedges and IIRC barbed wire.

Edited by Erwin

I found just put a team with grenades on an action square to the the rear.  I have had as many 3 grenades in the air at once.  Then, when the enemy comes out the back door armed ... brrp!!!

It is all about interlocking fields of fire and finding the pivotal point where to begin taking it apart.  It's kind of like pawn skeletons in chess.  Once the key position falls, the whole thing will come down.  The hard part is the shape of the map and not being able to get to the base supports of the defense.  Indirect fire works well for this.