Mig-27 inbound

Watch out for Soviet airpower they are effective and do show up.  Its a different feeling when playing as the Americans and having to worry about not having complete air superiority.  I cringe when I hear jet engines and realize I did not call for any air support.  However, I am surprised how effective the Redeye missile is.  

Soviet airpower shows up for the flair, but remember that doctrinally the Soviets never intended to use fixed wing aircraft in a close air support role. They were intended for deep strikes, far from the battlefield in most cases. 

Still though, they are a lot of fun to use and a terror to defend against. 

1 minute ago, SpitfireXI said:

Was this also true for their WARSAW Pact allies?  I assume so but maybe the East Germans had other thoughts.  I would love to see them and the Poles in the game.  And some Soviet Naval Infantry.  

Moreso. The Warsaw Pact allies were, behind the curve on most things to put it nicely. 

38 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

Yes, the Soviets intended to use helicopters as their close air support. That said, they are also a relatively rare asset. Artillery is the real money maker for the Soviets.

Soviet artillery Is an Amazing rain of steel

2 minutes ago, SpitfireXI said:

I still love how great the TOW missile is but I am still shocked how bad the BMP-1 is.  It cant see and the main gun is barely adequate and when the squad leader leaves it becomes even more blind.

It also seems to have very limited ammo for the main gun.

2 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

If you pre-ordered it, Elvis sent you your activation code a while ago. I think it was a month ago or so now. 

Also, if you log into your account it'll be there.

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Damn Russian helicopters...

Yup!  Just tried Dollbach Heights, and was caught with my khakis down by a very early appearance.