WP questions?

There is no way to use these directly?  (They are just smoke rounds as the game lists them separate.)

Do fires now spread under engine v4.02?  Could I use WP to set a building ablaze?

Also, is WP toxic?  Like if I blow a cloud over the enemy will they leave their positions or be suppressed?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, markshot said:

is WP toxic?  Like if I blow a cloud over the enemy will they leave their positions or be suppressed?

Good question.  Am not 100% certain, but I think I recall WP being effective if the smoke rolls over the target inf.  Would need to test to be certain.  Hopefully, someone here already has.

Thanks for the info.  I does seem WP is fired before smoke rounds when they are listed.

A friend who fought in Nam said getting any on you or breathing the fumes was really bad news.

(You may want to see if there is a possible text bug.  Targeting smoke from a 51mm mortar produces an area fire message "out of range", but they fire just fine on target.)

1 hour ago, markshot said:

A friend who fought in Nam said getting any on you or breathing the fumes was really bad news.

In this game, it's not so dangerous. The smoke cloud doesn't produce any negative effects. The moment the smoke shell bursts, I think there's some small effect, but I've bever seen it happen in nearly 10 years of playing the game.