Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

download link for special saved game file prestaged scenario (crazy kohlenklau)

I was cleaning out the old hard drive and found this thing I had made back in March 2015. An odd concept but I hope you enjoy it.

It is a special prestaged saved game file scenario. You download it and put it in your saved games folder.

NOTE: Today I have Game Engine 3, version 3.11. So I guess I need to buy the upgrade and maybe DL some patches. I will ASAP...

DOWNLOAD LINK ---->>> CMBN MG Bridge over the River Dommel

Here is the readme...

This is a Prestaged Saved File Battle as axis against the British AI.

Put it in your saved games folder.
Open it and down in "menus" click on and read the briefing very carefully.
The scenario starts for you at 0635. Track the time carefully. Read the briefing. :D
Burke arrives at 0645. Guyver arives at 0655. The scenario ends somewhere between 0700-0705.

One rule not covered in the briefing: DO NOT (D-O N-O-T!!) TOUCH OR USE OR CHANGE ANY OFF-MAP ARTILLERY/MORTARS.

HAVE FUN!

Read the briefing!

Edited by kohlenklau

21 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

I remember this! Good one as always, Phil. 👍👍

@sburke is the star of the scenario! Maybe he recalls it as well... 

Sadly, it was saved in an older version of CMBN MG (Game Engine 3, v3.11) then what most folks probably have now. 😞 I guess I will try the open it and save again trick but that could screw it all up. Dang.

I have CMBN v4.03 Engine 4.0 and the scenario cam up fine.  Your README is important that we don't mess with the preplanned arty- would be good in the briefing.

Also, I see an PzShrek guy running all over the place making a sort of "devil's star" with waypoints.  Are we supposed to leave that alone as well?

Interesting and novel objectives, esp locating WIA/KIA and gathering up weapons and ammo.  :)

Edited by Erwin

Ok.  FYI however, it depends on what mods one has whether one sees a "rock and a fuel drum".  I see a bag with empty bottles lol.

I read the briefing quickly and didn't see any mention of the Pschrek guy.  Are we allowed to change/delete his waypoints??

Edited by Erwin

44 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

@sburke is the star of the scenario! Maybe he recalls it as well... 

Sadly, it was saved in an older version of CMBN MG (Game Engine 3, v3.11) then what most folks probably have now. 😞 I guess I will try the open it and save again trick but that could screw it all up. Dang.

People with newer game versions than a scenario can always play it, but people with older game versions can't play scenarios made in a newer game version.