CMBfN demo scenarios

Does anyone remember what the hedgerow/bocage scenario in the demo bundle was called, or more to the point, if it's available for play in 4.03? I see 'Closing The Pocket' is available in the main game's bundle but am not finding the other one which I didn't finish before installing full game and dumping demo (thinking the demo scenarios would also be in main game!)  

21 minutes ago, landser said:

Don't recall the scenario name, but it is the first mission in the Task Force Raff campaign, if we are thinking of the same one

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4490342/re-combat-mission-campaign-compendium#Post4490342

Right, there was that one, one about an SS unit holding open village crossroads for breakout units and another about putting into practice hedgerow/bocage tactics developed by a US army officer at the time, That's the one I'm trying to resurrect!  

Ah, sorry, not sure then. I'll have a look through my stuff and see if I can spot it.

Maybe check this link? Not sure what's in there, but maybe you'll find the scenario you seek.

https://www.moddb.com/games/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/downloads/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy-demo-1-10

The mission/demo in question is no longer available through the Battlefront site?

47 minutes ago, landser said:

Ah, sorry, not sure then. I'll have a look through my stuff and see if I can spot it.

Maybe check this link? Not sure what's in there, but maybe you'll find the scenario you seek.

https://www.moddb.com/games/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/downloads/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy-demo-1-10

The mission/demo in question is no longer available through the Battlefront site?

Nothing related to the demo scenarios unfortunately 

Maybe the demo changed, I'm just going on the save game files left over from my demo install.

@Warts 'n' all you may be right, the demo download page says 'Four playable scenarios, plus one training mission.'  I can't really be bothered to install the demo again just now (I have a pressing appointment in Stoumont), but perhaps someone who hasn't got BN could try it out and confirm?

Edited by Vacilllator

7 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

In the demo 'The Road to Berlin' is the hedgerow one, and the other is 'CW Linking up and breaking out'.

In the full game I think the first (slightly adapted IIRC) shows up as '1 Training - Roadblock' and the other shows up the same.

Maybe it was Road to Berlin then. Linking Up and Breaking Out was the one with the SS holding a village for escaping units. I've downloaded a bunch of scenarios from  various websites, but I don't have Road to Berlin and unfortunately, the demo files won't play in v4.03, since they were engine 3 based. You happen to know if it's available in v4 somewhere? 

12 hours ago, RMM said:

Road to Berlin  You happen to know if it's available in v4 somewhere? 

Looking at the screenshot that Landser posted above, that's the map alright but in Task Force Raff it looks like you have differerent forces (M8s as well as Shermans for a start).  In the one I mentioned ('1Training - Roadblock') if you have that in your list, it's the same map and pretty much what I remember of the demo version (i.e. two Shermans, infantry and an MG and mortar, reinforced a few turns later by the same forces again). 

Is that one listed on your battles list?  I think (but I'm not sure) that it's a stock battle from the base game.  If you do have it, have a look and see if it's as you remember.  If you don't you could PM me with an email address and I'll get it to you.

4 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

Looking at the screenshot that Landser posted above, that's the map alright but in Task Force Raff it looks like you have differerent forces (M8s as well as Shermans for a start).  In the one I mentioned ('1Training - Roadblock') if you have that in your list, it's the same map and pretty much what I remember of the demo version (i.e. two Shermans, infantry and an MG and mortar, reinforced a few turns later by the same forces again). 

Is that one listed on your battles list?  I think (but I'm not sure) that it's a stock battle from the base game.  If you do have it, have a look and see if it's as you remember.  If you don't you could PM me with an email address and I'll get it to you.

Yeh, I have the Task Force Raff stuff. This was another one, and by far the toughest. It a much bigger map with two, maybe three companies of US troops against dug in Wehrmacht who are decidedly not inclined to fail! Its Briefing is a long one, going into the exact tactics developed by a certain US army officer (can't remember the name) for dealing with German hedgerow/bocage defense, so that the player can employ similar tactics. I was not doing well to say the least, and figured I'd try again once the full game was installed; however...

4 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

Task Force Raff has armored cars and PAK 50 mm. It is set up for the Germans to fail. It is an introduction. A neat little map. The Roadblock is a stock battle. 

Right. Which one is The Roadblock

4 hours ago, RMM said:

Yeh, I have the Task Force Raff stuff. This was another one, and by far the toughest. It a much bigger map with two, maybe three companies of US troops against dug in Wehrmacht who are decidedly not inclined to fail! Its Briefing is a long one, going into the exact tactics developed by a certain US army officer (can't remember the name) for dealing with German hedgerow/bocage defense, so that the player can employ similar tactics. I was not doing well to say the least, and figured I'd try again once the full game was installed; however...

The battle you are describing is called "Busting the Bocage". It takes place on 11th July and includes "Rhino" tanks which are of course not available in battles set in June.

And just to clarify, there are three different versions of the "Roadblock" battle. The demo version, the stand alone battle, and the Task Force Raff mission.

8 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

And just to clarify, there are three different versions of the "Roadblock" battle. The demo version, the stand alone battle, and the Task Force Raff mission.

Yes that agrees with what I remember, thanks.  But it seems that was not the battle in question after all...

In my scenarios folder I have 'Busting the bocage'.  RMM, if you don't have it I can send it your way.

16 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

Yes that agrees with what I remember, thanks.  But it seems that was not the battle in question after all...

In my scenarios folder I have 'Busting the bocage'.  RMM, if you don't have it I can send it your way.

That might be it then (per my PM to ya). There's a scenario by a very similar name in the regular game, but it's a completely different battle.

I can't remember the details of the Demo. But, in the stand alone battle you begin with some Shermans, on map mortar, and a full platoon of infantry. Whereas, in the Task Force Raff Campaign mission you just have some scouts and a couple of armoured cars, as shown up the page.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

2 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

in the stand alone battle you begin with some Shermans, on map mortar, and a full platoon of infantry

My curiousity got the better of me and I installed the demo again.

It has:

• Demo Linking up and breaking out
  • Demo Training Mission - The Road to Berlin
  • Demo Busting the bocage
  • Demo Closing the pocket

The Road to Berlin looks exactly like the standalone battle '1 Training - Roadblock' (2 Shermans, infantry, MG and mortar to start, and the same again as reinforcements 5 minutes in).  It is however described as 'an adapted version of a training mission' so perhaps the opposition is different.

I'm afraid my curiousity ran out at this point so I haven't tested this suggestion :).