Occupy for Victory conditions?

You can I suppose, @Sgt.Squarehead I run out of patience in a game and pressed the cease fire button. Result a Major Victory but not Total. There was just a spy hiding near the edge of the town. I think Uncon Spies are counted. Their role is not 100 % clear. They don't have a means of contacting you. I made one walk the streets near a seaside resort and saw some contacts. Then I just make him walk by coincidence to a Marine HQ. Like you suggested they need a mobile, you can do other things with them apart from triggering IEDs. 

5 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

I think Uncon Spies are counted. Their role is not 100 % clear. They don't have a means of contacting you.

This is a big issue for me in several projects I'm working on.....IMHO all Uncons should have an option panel for communications (just like we do for tanks or ATGM types etc.), perhaps something like:

None

Mobile (very easy to jam, ROE permitting)

Radio

Secure Radio (hard to jam)

Sattelite (no jamming)

TBH this or something similar could be given to all HQ units.....That way designers (& players) might actually start to care about the EW environment, or even be aware that it exists in the game!

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

9 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

This is a big issue for me in several projects I'm working on.....IMHO all Uncons should have an option panel for communications (just like we do for tanks or ATGM types etc.), perhaps something like:

None

Mobile (very easy to jam, ROE permitting)

Radio

Secure Radio (hard to jam)

Sattelite (no jamming)

TBH this or something similar could be given to all HQ units.....That way designers (& players) mght actually start to care about the ECM environment, or even be aware that it exists in the game!

There is another one. Sympathetic broadcasters using radio stations using coded messages. That's what they used to do during WW2. Despite the German censorship by the 7th of June the population in the Netherlands knew that D-Day was a success. It was broadcast from England and most households had their wireless hidden away. Getting caught meant striped pj's for the next few years. It would make another interesting game. 

5 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

There is another one. Sympathetic broadcasters using radio stations using coded messages. That's what they used to do during WW2. Despite the German censorship by the 7th of June the population in the Netherlands knew that D-Day was a success. It was broadcast from England and most households had their wireless hidden away. Getting caught meant striped pj's for the next few years. It would make another interesting game.

Probably outside the scope of CM TBH, the info supplied might be better represented by the Intelligence setting.....TBH I'd love to see Uncons across the CM games, all warfare inevitably has an irregular element of one kind or another, whether those in uniform like it or not.  :ph34r:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

2 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Probably outside the scope of CM TBH, the info supplied might be etter represented by the Intelligence setting.....TBH I'd love to see Uncons across the CM games, all warfare inevitably has an irregular element of one kind or another, whether those in uniform like it or not.  :ph34r:

I was in Vietnam 3 years ago 'What an eyeopener'. Families had siblings in the Vietcong and the South Vietnamese army at the same time. Now in Afghanistan logistics are subcontracted out from Pakistan. Security is always compromised. 

18 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

I like the Recon phase of a game; it can be a challenge at times. 

Yes, the opening few minutes when you explore and try to figure out where he enemy is and what has he got is most fun.  Once one has put a few thousand hours into playing the game, the actual battles can often be more like repetitive standard operating procedures.  The best designers are able to keep that aspect interesting.

Troop Leading Procedure. You look who is doing what. Veterans with a -2 they still make excellent observers. Conscripts put them near a different C2 Intel get shared. Before the Red Button is pushed 2hours was gone. The actual battles you figure out how to do Bocage Tactics, MOUT in Syria, Urban Combat in Arnhem, or Aachen. American Units or British. If you have the British better get your TRP's for the 25 Pounders. I start using Excell for the big battles, otherwise micromanagement goes out of the window. The pen is still mightier than the sword so to speak.

excell.jpg