Field Warrior Tournament - CMBS

Just a notice that I am again hosting another tournament over at "a few good men" this time we are using CMBS.

The last Tournament was very successful , we managed to have 5 rounds and did the whole tournament in 4 months.

So come join the fun, sign ups are now available.

Here is somewhat a description of how it works. if more info is wanted, go over to "a few good men" for more information.

Scoring Format

The format is you will be given a selected force. Your mission will be to do the best you can with the situation you have been given and the scoring will be given out to the top 50 percent from each side of the battle.

So in otherwards, your side could be very challenging, but perform better than 50 percent of the players playing that side of the battle and you have won and will be given a point value as to how you have done.

Winners will get a score of somewhere between 80 to 100 points per match depending on how they have performed to each other. so best player will receive 100 points, lowest winner will receive 80 points, and everyone else is somewhere in between.

Scoring in scenarios will be your score minus your opponents score (as to how you will be selected for the top 50%).

Each round you will be in charge of a different Nations forces, so skill with all forces will be a factor. as well as both offensive and defensive skills

Battles are designed generally to be short and intense ( I have been keeping all battles at 25 minutes or less so far.)

If you are new to this, go review previous tournament as to how this works if you have any questions

Edited by slysniper

10 hours ago, slysniper said:

Man, i am sorry. I must have been half asleep when I posted that.

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/

Its actually at "a few good men" site

I was actually hoping for a link directly to the area, or the specific forum post supporting the tournament. I checked the FGM site. However there is a lot of information there and I did not see anything obvious about the tournament.

1 hour ago, z1812 said:

link directly to the area, or the specific forum post supporting the tournament

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/field-warriors-tournament-cmbs.475/

Edited to show just the url since the auto icon generation failed - probably because of log in issues.

Edited by IanL

Yes, you should be a member, since all communications are done there.

There is nothing to becoming a member and if you are not active on the site, its easy to not be a member, since they auto remove non active users.

We have 18 sign ups all ready.

IanL thanks for posting a link for him.

Ian, I could use your knowledge on how best to post images here at this site, since My method from Imgur is no longer working.

3 hours ago, slysniper said:

Ian, I could use your knowledge on how best to post images here at this site, since My method from Imgur is no longer working.

Sure I'm a bit of an outlier though. I have my own photo sharing site using a https://piwigo.org/ on my web site. So, I post my photos in galleries to keep things organized and then I have plug in that generates links in the correct format for various forum or web sites. Before that I used to just ftp images to a ForumsAndSupport folder on my web site and then hand generate the urls.

Last comp was excellent fun.

I've never really been one for comps but this previous Warrior comp was such a blast. Played some top notch nice guys, won some, lost some, and made some new PBEM friends.

The missions were short and sharp and packed a punch for their small size and short duration. Touch of the "Kobayashi maru" about some i.e. no way you were going to win and nae chance of fiddling with the programme. So suck it up and go out fighting! Being a Scot I loved that hopeless situation! ;)

Well worth joining in as @slysniperruns a tight ship so the comp goes like clockwork.

Edited by George MC

10 hours ago, slysniper said:

how best to post images here at this site, since My method from Imgur is no longer working.

The below is what I've had to do since the BFC forum update:

Take the screenshot using Fraps and then drag & drop into Imgur.

Use Direct Link in Imgur (hit copy button).

On forum click other media (bottom right).

On forum click Insert Image from URL.

Paste the Direct Link from Imgur into the open field of the window.

Click Insert into Post.

Click Submit.

13 hours ago, George MC said:

Last comp was excellent fun.

I've never really been one for comps but this previous Warrior comp was such a blast. Played some top notch nice guys, won some, lost some, and made some new PBEM friends.

The missions were short and sharp and packed a punch for their small size and short duration. Touch of the "Kobayashi maru" about some i.e. no way you were going to win and nae chance of fiddling with the programme. So suck it up and go out fighting! Being a Scot I loved that hopeless situation! ;)

Well worth joining in as @slysniperruns a tight ship so the comp goes like clockwork.

Well said, I also had a blast with the previous competetion! Looking forward to this one :)