Unbalanced VP parameters ruining otherwise great scenarios.

1 minute ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I honestly don't know what happens if you place AI units in an Exit Zone and have the Scripts randomly deploy them from there, but I will do in about an hour or so!  ;)

Not actually on the exit zone just behind it so the exit zone is between them and the main map.  Actually no-go terrain would accomplish the same thing. 

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

That could be addrssed with 'tiered difficulty' scenarios where the designer gives each side a couple of extra AI goups that an experienced player has the option to drive into an Exit Zone if he wants a more challenging mission.....The AI would be scripted to avoid that location and thus would always fight with the full force available. 

This would be a doddle to do, you would just need to be careful with VP allocations.

This might be an option...yes 🙂

49 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Hmmm, maybe....  The "extra" units the AI gets would be out of LOS in a back corner of the map.  Separated from the remainder of the map by an exit zone.  When the AI is controlling these "extra" units they would jump to their setup locations (when the red button is hit) outside of the area blocked by the exit zone.  The AI then uses the forces as normal.

If this works its really clever 😁...

I was thinking abit about the sgt suggestion but got stuck with the problems of deploymentzones that would work for both the player and the AI...If this skip trick of yours works its indeed really cool...

It would allow the designer to allocate specific locations for theseunits 'to jump to' using the AI orders...but would deny a human player the use of them.

Just working on the test now.....It definitely doesn't work with a single AI Plan.

Just trying it with two now.....Nope that doesn't work either, the Exit Zone always takes preference as far as I can tell.

Shame.  :(

I suspect @MOS:96B2P may have guessed this, hence his suggestion above.....I don't like leaving units on the map like that though, maybe I should put a few really big IEDs under their initial setup spot!  :P