AGM-114L\N Fire & Forget Millimeter radar wave seeker guidance

Stardekk

The Hellfire presented in the game called simply "Hellfire". It is important in my opinion to represent the variant of the missile because the F&F Missiles are able to be launched separately, you don't have  to wait until the missile hits the target thus allowing quick firing of all missiles (16 max) in less than 2 minutes instead of firing 2 missiles in 1 minute MAX, while they all hit deferent targets.

What do you guys think ? There should be F&F missiles in the game ? Of course I think its not in the game because of the same reason rocket arty is  not in the game but It still could be balanced with much heavier AA wich will prevent constant firing of all missiles. ( APS does not work on top attack missiles like the Hellfire and the javelin because of the high angle they are attacking the target).IRL the Russians have Igla platoon for each company and not each battalion... 

BTW there is an example of Hellfires been lunched much faster IRL than in the game: During H hour in Operation Desert Storm 4 Apaches launched 27 Hellfires  (not  F&F) in 4 minutes + 70mm rockets and 30mm Cannon fire. And I believe that the Russian Supersonic Vikhr will fire much more missiles in the same period of time compare to the Laser Guided Hellfires. 

Edited by Stardekk

10 minutes ago, Stardekk said:

BTW there is an example of Hellfires been lunched much faster IRL than in the game: During H hour in Operation Desert Storm 4 Apaches launched 27 Hellfires  (not  F&F) in 4 minutes + 70mm rockets and 30mm Cannon fire. And I believe that the Russian Supersonic Vikhr will fire much more missiles in the same period of time compare to the Laser Guided Hellfires. 

Were there troops on the ground anywhere nearby?  CAS procedures tend to significantly slow down engagements and limit the number of weapons employed at a time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...