graphic bug

zodman

On 11/27/2020 at 9:20 PM, Suchy said:

Votes and voices are the same words in Polish language 😉 I mean voices 😉

I used real Polish tropical uniforms.

Sgt.Squarehead -> My CMA looks exactly the same as CMSF2 with Afghanistan mod. You can basically use the same textures in both games. However, soldiers (skeletons) can be transferred from the CMSF1.

930912016df52fcc541a98f2bc32392b_org_830.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard04.jpg

Clipboard08.jpg

Great looking mod & screenshot! 

13 hours ago, Ivan Zaitzev said:

Can you also convert maps from modern CM games into CM:A? I would be very interested in that.

Me too.

There's a particular CM:FB map that has already been converted to CM:BS that I would love to have in CM:A:

QtOrgyf.jpg

Would that be possible? 

PS - Actually I'm pretty confident that it wouldn't, the map above has both bridges and railway lines which would be 'problematical' for CM:A.  :(

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On 11/27/2020 at 3:20 PM, Suchy said:

Votes and voices are the same words in Polish language 😉 I mean voices 😉

I used real Polish tropical uniforms.

Sgt.Squarehead -> My CMA looks exactly the same as CMSF2 with Afghanistan mod. You can basically use the same textures in both games. However, soldiers (skeletons) can be transferred from the CMSF1.

930912016df52fcc541a98f2bc32392b_org_830.jpg

Found bug your issue

lol.png

The CMA, CMSF1 and CMSF2 games form one family in terms of terrain modeling and the rest of the games are another. And there are much bigger differences than some buildings or Flavor Objects. The transition between these families is, in my opinion, impossible. In addition, CMSF2 is much richer in terrain elements than CMA, so the transition from CMA -> CMSF2 is trivial but the other way is probably possible after a solid reworking of the original map. We can rather forget about other conversions eg. CMBS -> CMSF2, CMFB -> CMA...
To convert maps you need a hex editor, eg Hexedit. After opening the map file in it, replace the first position in the second line according to the rules:

00 CMSF and CMSF2

02 CMA

04 CMBN

06 CMFI

08 CMRT

0A CMBS

0C CMFB

If there are problems with the map conversion, remove Flavor Objects, then buildings and bridges.
But let me remind you - all this works quite well within one family of games.

6 hours ago, Suchy said:

If there are problems with the map conversion, remove Flavor Objects, then buildings and bridges.
But let me remind you - all this works quite well within one family of games.

I'd thought about that.....I believe I can cut the map down to remove most of the problem tiles.  Flavour objects might be a chore, but it's just a matter of patience TBH.  ;)