Campaigns

New game owner here - I purchased the base game and the USMC Module. I noticed in the base game with Task Force Thunder there are "core units" whose loses "carry forward"; however, the USMC campaign seems to be single missions strung together that form a campaign - loses in one mission have no impact on the following mission.  My question is, is the base game the only one that has core units whose are felt moving forward?

Thanks

I haven't played the USMC campagn in a while, but I am 99% sure that there are core units. 

In campaigns you can have core units and you can also have attached units. The attached units are additional units for a specific mission that are not part of your core force set up. For example, if you have a campaign following an infantry battalion one of the missions could have a tank company attached, but they are not part of your core force. 

It could be what you are seeing are missions that involve a lot of attached units, or it could also be that you are using core units, but each mission is a different group of core units and you have yet to see the carry over yet. 

A 'Core Unit File' can be configured and used in any number of ways, the options are almost limitless.....The lack of losses you are seeing might be down to fresh units being selected from the Core with each battle, or it might be because the campaign scripts for resupply and replacements are set to 100% (checking the SLs' names might give a clue).

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished task for thunder on Iron mode and now I am starting the USMC campaign, also on iron.  I hope it has core forces with losses that carry forward...

As for my name - I used it in an online player vs. player game called Mount and Blade Warband as well as in a MMORPG called Vanguard: Saga of Heroes back in the 2014 era. I had a clan called The Murder Herd and we would corner solo players and give them the choice often shouting "the Murder Herd, Join or die.....?! I guess you could say it was role playing experience where you could pretend to be bat **** crazy - we would roll into the towns 15 strong and slaughter everyone and then take all their stuff. I also used the name Matriarch of the Herd.

The core force will be updated for each scenario based on the last results of the previous one.

Ah yes, your name makes much much sense now.  I played UO, DAoC, and Warhammer Online from 96 until about 2011.

CM has always been my gaming passion, but killing teenagers online was an enjoyable second.