Arracourt

From its last page, it got shelved due to time constraints.

Also, I remember another one of its creators saying in a different thread that he stepped away due to frustrations caused by single-player TacAI problems introduced by the 4.0 upgrade.  Those problems did not get resolved until 2.5 years later by a patch that introduced additional TacAI problems. (The 4.0 upgrade and its ridiculously delayed and flawed "01" patch do NOT rank among BF's finer moments.) 

By then, though, this project appeared to have been abandoned.  A shame. 

That would be me that stepped back from it - if I recall correctly my scenario is still available on The Proving Grounds and it _should_ now be ready to play out of the box since the fix, though I had a few AI tweaks I would've liked to have made since the update. Or, rather, the scenario was on the proving grounds but the site is undergoing yet another make over and it appears to be in the process of re-uploading everything again. The original files may still exist on my desktop in Canada, which is a few thousand kilometers beyond my reach at present.

3 hours ago, Rinaldi said:

That would be me that stepped back from it - if I recall correctly my scenario is still available on The Proving Grounds and it _should_ now be ready to play out of the box since the fix, though I had a few AI tweaks I would've liked to have made since the update. Or, rather, the scenario was on the proving grounds but the site is undergoing yet another make over and it appears to be in the process of re-uploading everything again. The original files may still exist on my desktop in Canada, which is a few thousand kilometers beyond my reach at present.

Wooaw !!

Thank you to the link Myles Keogh.

Rinaldi,  I was taking a view on the project and comments, already a very good job and researsh.
 I didn't know the project  were so far advanced and almost finished...
 l hope very much that these battles pack will see the light one day... congratulation,  I can only encourage you, one day to let us enjoy this beautiful work !

And I'm still around. 2017 for me was crazy as RL work skyrocketed. I was head to and getting home from work in darkness. :( It's better now but my CM time is now taken up on other projects for other parties, for example:

@Rinaldi and others. I've still got all the files from where we left off on my hard drive at home.

The project was literally at the stage of making the last few maps and then going in and placing the units and working out AI plans. The research and unit selection was largely done. I think we had a pretty detailed in game master file for the CCA, of the 4th Armored to use for the Allies. Also plenty of posts about Sherman variants. :P I've still got bookmarks and post it notes inside the books I was researching from.

5 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

And I'm still around. 2017 for me was crazy as RL work skyrocketed. I was head to and getting home from work in darkness. :( It's better now but my CM time is now taken up on other projects for other parties, for example:

@Rinaldi and others. I've still got all the files from where we left off on my hard drive at home.

The project was literally at the stage of making the last few maps and then going in and placing the units and working out AI plans. The research and unit selection was largely done. I think we had a pretty detailed in game master file for the CCA, of the 4th Armored to use for the Allies. Also plenty of posts about Sherman variants. :P I've still got bookmarks and post it notes inside the books I was researching from.

IIthikial_AU

Ihave to apologyse to don't mentioned your name, when I see that you take in fact the big part of these project and be already proud and impatient to present us your work, also that you are very activ for others things and I can only give my reconnaissance on the forum, and I am quiet and confident that you will come back to Arracourt when you and your "team" will find "all the missing elements that you need" and the appropriated moment.

On 11/22/2019 at 5:19 AM, Ithikial_AU said:

So we do! I still have it via dropbox, just checked. I'll have a look at my old files this weekend. I was about a quarter done with the second map iirc; I doubt I will have time to commit to it. Winter academic break is coming up in limeyland so I'll see if I can't re-release Once and for All on TSDIII then. All my print-based source material is in my office at home so I'll scan the relevant pages when I go back for my annual proof-of-life. 

So many potential projects, so little time. The guys at FewGoodMen were hoping for my help with making a Graviteam manual people could actually understand too...

Edited by Rinaldi

2 hours ago, Rinaldi said:

So we do! I still have it via dropbox, just checked. I'll have a look at my old files this weekend. I was about a quarter done with the second map iirc; I doubt I will have time to commit to it. Winter academic break is coming up in limeyland so I'll see if I can't re-release Once and for All on TSDIII then. All my print-based source material is in my office at home so I'll scan the relevant pages when I go back for my annual proof-of-life. 

So many potential projects, so little time. The guys at FewGoodMen were hoping for my help with making a Graviteam manual people could actually understand too...

Sigh !... Well, reading yours posts and your determinations from all of you is already for me a "Christmas Bones", but like I said keep yours priorities and come back to the "Alsace door" when the time is more appropriated, I hope only to see a little more enthusiasm, from the rest of the community  to support your decision to these realesation of this project.

Sseeing the project well ahead, I guess my help would be superficial, but if you need it don't  hesitate...

Edited by 3j2m7