Whos side?

user1000

Historically, there were Italians on both sides. There was the puppet Fascist Republic. And there was the Anti-Fascist Co-Beligerent army which was supplied and supported by the Allies, but were not legally part of the Alliance. There were also the Partisans, who were anti-fascist but not strictly under the control of the main anti-fascist army. It was a mess.

As for what is in the game, I haven't the slightest idea.

Michael

Edited by Michael Emrys

I would hope so Wiki says the Germans had control of 45,000 Italian troops up there.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Republican_Army

The Axis had 21 much weaker German divisions and four Italian Esercito Nazionale Repubblicano (ENR) divisions with about 349,000 German and 45,000 Italian troops on 9 April. There were another 91,000 German troops on the lines of communication and the Germans commanded about 100,000 Italian police.[8][4] Three of the Italian divisions were allocated to the Ligurian Army under Rodolfo Graziani guarding the western flank facing France and the fourth was with the 14th Army, in a sector thought less likely to be attacked.[9]

I am trying to find out just which armor or vehicles they used. Did they use their own or German?

Edited by user1000

6 hours ago, user1000 said:

I am trying to find out just which armor or vehicles they used. Did they use their own or German?

A mix of both.

I definitely doubt any new Italian faction will be in-game, since if I remember right, BF has expressed that none were planned. So I wouldn't get my hopes up.

If it was planned we definitely wouldn't be expecting this module to come out this year.

Edited by Frenchy56

On 9/16/2019 at 8:43 PM, rocketman said:

I'm currently reading the official US history book "Cassino to the Alps" and I know that in a couple of places (can't remember on top of my head) where Italian units/partisans took part in battle with the Allied forces. So there is a room for it in R2V.

I remember a PBS America documentary covering Monte Cassino, which detailed a disastrous uphill charge of an Italian regular company (or Battalion? Can’t remember.) It failed badly, but what stuck to me was a veteran, saying „We knew what we were up against, but we wanted to show, that we are there and ready to fight for our liberty.“

In the game the (Fascist) Italians field only their own tanks, most of which are downright archaic. No German equipment for them. They disappear the month that Italy surrendered. Italian allied partisans are a 'someday' force pack possibility, though frankly CMFI R2V's just about broken poor Steve, juggling 9 different countries over an almost 2 year period with horrendous TO&E changes. Once this is out the door it may be awhile before he's in the mood to revisit CMFI.