Longer load times after recent patches?

I have noted, for all the CM2 games, that it takes longer to load a battle, load a save of a battle and load the 3d preview of a map in the editor. Even for medium sized ones in a way I can't recall having ever before. Is my PC getting old all of a sudden or has anyone else noticed? I haven't added any mods or upped graphics settings that would explain this.

Actually, my load time for the CMBN editor actually seems to be running faster. So, I don't know why it may be running slower for some. Might be a question of the amount of RAM you have. Right now, I have 16 Gb of DDR 3 running at 1300 Mhz but I'm going to be upping it to a max total of 32 Gb in the next month or so.

Edited by WhiteWolf65
Forgot to finish my thought, and then a word. Sheesh.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, rocketman said:

Please elaborate a bit on what this is and why it would cause longer load times. Can it be avoided in any way?

There were some security vulnerabilities releases recently that showed hot some of Intel's look a head instructions could be abused. The solution was to change the OS (I think it was an OS change) to not do that anymore. The end result is that everyone's computer is a little slower now.

Found the latest. The Spector and meltdown were what I was thinking of.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2019/05/14/zombieload-flaw-intel-processors/amp/

13 hours ago, slysniper said:

when you mean longer, how much longer.

What is the difference, it helps to be  clear as to what you are experiencing.

Like a certain file which was taking 2:00, is now 2:30 minutes.

I'd say about 30% longer load time. However, when the game is loaded it runs as usual with no hint of frame rate drop.

12 hours ago, IanL said:

There were some security vulnerabilities releases recently that showed hot some of Intel's look a head instructions could be abused. The solution was to change the OS (I think it was an OS change) to not do that anymore. The end result is that everyone's computer is a little slower now.

Found the latest. The Spector and meltdown were what I was thinking of.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2019/05/14/zombieload-flaw-intel-processors/amp/

I did some firmware updates in relation to that, but can't remember if it coincided with the new patches or not.