22 hours ago, IronCat60 said:

As far as how many pixeltruppen can you get in a foxhole? Well we could leave that up to a team of frat house college kids or use this example.

The Count says there is Four of them in this fighting position. One is laying down and firing from loop hole in the lower level while his comrades use him by his first name, Matt.

Matt actually stayed there the whole time. I think there was a plug in for his Heil Phone 7.

Pixeltruppen.thumb.jpg.232a4876184307be6fbd16f3b91cf658.jpg

nice toy you have in your game! @Heirloom_Tomato likes it too I think. :D

What "position" has Rudy in that squad btw?

22 hours ago, Kaunitz said:

Of course I'm not sure. As so many other aspects, it's based on gut-feeling and limited experience. :)What makes you so certain that props don't provide cover? Interesting to note that props interdict movement. When I experimented with terrain, I used hedgerows/walls to split up action squares into several parts (to gain more control over soldier-placement/force soldiers into spots where they actually had a good LOS). It's very handy as the player can deliberately target a part of the action square with his movement orders. 

regarding props (we might have a misunderstanding here, since I meant "flavor objects actually"), ...I´d never seen nor experienced any effects that indicate they do (provide cover). Off course only the BF coders know for sure, but unless proven wrong, I remain with that opinion (or feeling).

Yes, splitting AS´s with all sorts of the X , / or + types.... provides a number of benefits, dependent on to be realized design ideas. :) Possibilities are almost endless if you´re becoming creative, with otherwise rather limited means.

40 minutes ago, StieliAlpha said:

Hehehe, nice one. Chrrrr...😂

But still, when we complain, that not all men fit into a foxhole, it would be nice to know how many men should fit into it by design in the first place.

Otherwise, disgusting scenes like this one may result:

BTW, note how one guy is pushed out of the foxhole, when it becomes crowded.

Martyr on trail! lol :D :D :D That life of brian is fu....g genius!

the "pushing" guy from my experience is the lMG assistant (in case a squad has lMG and assistant, usuall the Nr 6 or 7) most of the time. Sometimes can be leader as well, if he demands his right for the best obervation point in the holes. (or outside if there´s a better place :P )

Edited by RockinHarry

I had the below paraphrased summary in my notes.  I located the original link (bottom of this post) that I took the information from so it could be viewed in its entirety.  Thought you might find the last paragraph of the attached post interesting.  It is from 2008.   

CM's Action Spots are squares for the most part, customized shapes in special circumstances.  By default soldiers treat the direction ahead as the threat area. When the unit advances into an Action Spot it chooses positions that would be defensively good if the enemy were directly ahead of it. This can be overridden by a FACE Command.  In this way you can move a unit north and have it set up positions to defend to the south instead of the north.  Flavor Objects provide cover but not concealment. The degree of cover is dependent on what the object is. A soldier will get a lot more cover lying behind some tires instead of standing up behind a sign post 

On 5/23/2019 at 11:35 AM, RockinHarry said:

regarding props (we might have a misunderstanding here, since I meant "flavor objects actually"), ...I´d never seen nor experienced any effects that indicate they do (provide cover). Off course only the BF coders know for sure, but unless proven wrong, I remain with that opinion (or feeling).

On 5/22/2019 at 1:00 PM, Kaunitz said:

Of course I'm not sure. As so many other aspects, it's based on gut-feeling and limited experience. :)What makes you so certain that props don't provide cover? Interesting to note that props interdict movement. 

5 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

I had the below paraphrased summary in my notes.  I located the original link (bottom of this post) that I took the information from so it could be viewed in its entirety.  Thought you might find the last paragraph of the attached post interesting.  It is from 2008.   

CM's Action Spots are squares for the most part, customized shapes in special circumstances.  By default soldiers treat the direction ahead as the threat area. When the unit advances into an Action Spot it chooses positions that would be defensively good if the enemy were directly ahead of it. This can be overridden by a FACE Command.  In this way you can move a unit north and have it set up positions to defend to the south instead of the north.  Flavor Objects provide cover but not concealment. The degree of cover is dependent on what the object is. A soldier will get a lot more cover lying behind some tires instead of standing up behind a sign post 

Thanks! B) Always good to have some reminder, if things start to get slipped out of mind. No wonder I didn´t see any actual cover effects, as I´m mostly using the tiny sort of flavors in my games. :D

Edit: With regard to Kaunitz log flavor object providing "cover" it shouldn´t actually provide much of it, when modelled by the game engine correctly. Most small arms bullets would usually go through it like butter, or would otherwise do harmfull effects to any rifleman behind. (wooden splinters, similar to tree burst splinters and artillery vs. trees and forests).

Edited by RockinHarry

8 hours ago, IronCat60 said:

To Rockin Harry,

Good point!  Rudolph is doing the rear security thing that all the pixletruppen automatically do. So you are correct in pointing out that Rudy is in fact a participant in at least one of the Panzergrenadier games! 

index.jpg.1c4ecab2ae6703ac00d6602c9dba7006.jpg

ah...always good to know. Since BF doesn´t care much to give their customers detail info, one needs relying on his own guessworks. With regard to individual roles of pixeltroopers in a squad and their connected behaviors. :P