Incoming Osprey book

I saw it and will be picking it up. The titles they've had on the modern Russian military have been top notch and really dispel a lot of the pro-NATO narrative that I think is clouding the reality.

Everyone who has gone to war with Russia (and lost) always talks about how they have a pitiful, outdated military with obsolete doctrine. I think maybe since the Gulf War NATO has believed our own hype. Georgia and Ukraine should have been wake up calls. It's not 1992 anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 3:38 AM, DougPhresh said:

Georgia and Ukraine should have been wake up calls. It's not 1992 anymore.

IMHO What happened in Georgia and Ukraine has nothing to do with how modern the russian army is.

Edited by Bufo

On 4/21/2019 at 4:38 AM, DougPhresh said:

Everyone who has gone to war with Russia (and lost) always talks about how they have a pitiful, outdated military with obsolete doctrine. I think maybe since the Gulf War NATO has believed our own hype. Georgia and Ukraine should have been wake up calls. It's not 1992 anymore.

What new and overhelming Russia demonstrated in Ukraine and Georgia? Most of their success is a consequenses of not so "newest doctrines", as rough mistakes of the opposing HQs and superior in forces. Russia is capable to create outstanding TV-picture of strong modern army, but they have the same problems like all post-soviet armies. Experience of engagement in Sector A in 2014 showed that Russian troops is not "invincible machine" - if their opponents are ready to stand and fight and retain controllability, Russians can't achieve own "primary victory conditions".