The small roadside ditches, do they bog vehicles?

Pandur

I was always wondering if the small roadside ditches that come automatic, when you lay a gravel or dirt road for example, if they do increase the chance to bog down?

I am inclined now to remove some zig zag gravel road on a map and replace it with smooth gravel "ground" texture. I can make a wider road and have it smooth without the roadside ditches. But does that matter fo bogging chance? Anyone know or has some experience?

I don't think there has been any testing around this. A long time ago there was a bug where those automatic ditches caused more bogging then expected - long ago fixed. The thing about bogging is some terrain (mud) are clearly risky but any of them can cause a problem especially if the ground is wet. To find out the differences you would have to do a lot of testing. My personal guess is you see no difference but I don't *know* that.

46 minutes ago, Pandur said:

I was always wondering if the small roadside ditches that come automatic, when you lay a gravel or dirt road for example, if they do increase the chance to bog down?  

To paraphrase @Vanir Ausf B from March 2018:  If the road is unpaved the road edges are worse for bogging than regular terrain.  They are assumed to have drainage ditches along the sides.  Link below. 

Edited by MOS:96B2P

A road is a road - vehicles do all sorts of things when they're moving, including bog. Let's face it, you don't have any of the other hazards of driving modelled in CM (Drivers falling asleep, driving too quickly, running off the road into roadside furniture. To be honest I think laying a gravel tile where a road should be to try and mitigate a pretty small chance of bogging would look naff. Go with the road.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:49 PM, Combatintman said:

A road is a road - vehicles do all sorts of things when they're moving, including bog. Let's face it, you don't have any of the other hazards of driving modelled in CM (Drivers falling asleep, driving too quickly, running off the road into roadside furniture. To be honest I think laying a gravel tile where a road should be to try and mitigate a pretty small chance of bogging would look naff. Go with the road.

And we never get flats.