Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

My CD must be BENT!!!!

After weeks of endless play, I only can draw one conclusion. My CD must be bent!!It seems the Allie armour has the ability to hit Axis armour first shot, a split second after making Los, and on the move. Meanwhile my Veteren Panther tank has Ten shots at 5oo yards at a stationary M36 Jackson and does not hit once. The Panther was in Hulldown, what side had the better optics...ah, the germans ,strange that.

I believe the CD is bent where the panzer Bmps are stored, and this has caused the barrels to bend, and stressed the tigers armour which results in penetration, as if it was made of Tin foil.

Do you think a new CD would fix the situation, or maybe I should play the weighted side more. rolleyes.gif

P.S This is against the AI

[This message has been edited by mfred (edited 08-12-2000).]

Sounds like you just got unlucky..?

I'm playing a PBEM game right now where I started with 13 shermans against what appears to be, one stug III and two panthers.

I'm down to my last sherman. How's that for a different side of the story.

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I believe the CD is bent where the panzer Bmps are stored, and this has caused the barrels to bend, and stressed the tigers armour which results in penetration, as if it was made of Tin foil.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I've noticed the same problem and suspect that you're on to something. I know that mine could easily have been bent after it's struck the wall so many times ... usually accompanied by cries of "STUPID F****ING GAME!"

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I believe the CD is bent where the panzer Bmps are stored, and this has caused the barrels to bend, and stressed the tigers armour which results in penetration, as if it was made of Tin foil.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, mine is bent in the same place; in my first pbem game, one of my tanks missed a halftrack twice from 500 m confused.gif; then my other hidden tank crested a hill in a hull down position, and was killed by a shot through the turret from a panther a mile away before it even had time to fire mad.gif.They musta used poor-quality platic tomake the CDs tongue.gif

Henri

hehehe... nothing like watching an 88 slam into a carrier or halftrack and watching in disbelief as the info icon reads "MG hit" or "side penetration" and the victim drives happily on...

SHS (stuff happens syndrome).

------------------

It takes three years to build a battleship. It takes three hundred to build a tradition.

Admiral Cunningham, Aegean, May 1941.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silentsniper:

If you guys don't want your bent CD's..................can I have them?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we should keep questions of sexual orientation off the forum...

smile.gif

Hey all,

Being in computer repair for many years, please try these simple repair tips.

1) if you belive CD is bent, remove CD from computer. Place on level surface. Hit several times with IBM drive alignment tool (see under hardware/hammer). reinsert cd and try again.

If the above does not work see step 2

2) Slaughter a goat on Firday at midnight. Spread entrails across keyboard while reciting Ohms law backwards. This will ward off evil spirits.

Hope this helps wink.gif