First ww2 reenactment this weekend...

Damn, this is gunna kick ass...

We even get to do some town fighting! woo

I can't get any pictures this time 'cause I can't afford to buy any film(I swear kodak are satan's spawn).

Maybe someone will take some pictures and I'll scan them...

But in April I'll take my camera and get some pictures.. yeah hehe

I'm so damn hyped for this!

blah blah

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

"Tomorrows killed by yesterday..." -Link80

Go to my soldiers at war page~!! http://www.geocities.com/soldiersat_war or I'll sick a goat on you!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys use blanks? Is there any real action like in paintball? or do you just pretend, like when you play cowboys and indians ? tongue.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there! :P

Yes, we use blanks.

There's plenty of action, I mean, loud machine guns and rifle are action I would assume smile.gif

I dunno, I'll post a msg sunday night telling you how it was, this is my first time so I don't have much experiance.

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

Go to my soldiers at war page~!! http://www.geocities.com/soldiersat_war or I'll sick a goat on you!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darwin:

You ever try Fuji film?

I prefer it as it I know what I'm getting. Kodak has it's film made in something like 12 different countries and as such the quality is not consistent (sometimes good, sometimes not).

Have fun on your adventure smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try shooting DIT. Even better. Big initial investment, but don't have to worry about processing and film cost. I'm using the Canon D2000 cameras with 340 mb cards. File size for each photo is six megs, though I've blown them up to about 45 meg files with now break up at all. Nikon has a new one too, the D1. About half the cost as the D2000, with the slightly less quality. Some disadvantages to the camera in comparison to the D2000 though.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Wouldn't it be great if they could incorporate live fire somehow...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's precisely why I will NEVER do any re-enacting for any era. I just know some whacko is gonna ammo-up some day. The ratio of freaks to stable folk I see in the world every day leads me to believe this will happen sooner rather than later.

------------------

Floreat Jerboa !

Uh, I didn't mean use live fire without warning and directed

against your fellow reenactors. wink.gif

If some nut wanted to shoot at people I doubt *very* seriously he

would go to the trouble to join a historical reenactment group

and then open up on the "enemy" for real. There are a million

easier ways to do it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>There are a million

easier ways to do it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aren't you assuming the shooter is rational? smile.gif

But I'm thinking more of the sort who's a few sandwiches short of a picnic to begin with and then gets into an argument with johnny reb or billy yank or whoever across the way.

------------------

Floreat Jerboa !

Well yeah, if there is some deranged fellow running about who's

always dreamed of shooting it out with reenactors, then you

might have a problem on your hands. wink.gif But you're probably just

as likely to run into a similar nut who's always wanted to shoot

everyone standing in a McDonald's, while you happen to be there.

So I don't think the risk factor is worth worrying about really. smile.gif

And as far as some unstable guy getting into an argument with

someone and then deciding to shoot at them, well, if he's that

touchy then he almost certainly would have already shot someone

long before getting anywhere near a reenactment field. smile.gif

Woo, I'm back, and alive!

Damn that kicked ass, I recommend it for any WW2 nut.

but damn I hurt all over...

and it rained all saturday but that never stopped us, the US guys quit at one point 'cause they couldn't break through, just when we were breaking through a mG34 bunker in the back...

It was unfortunete for the Germans, 'cause there was like 16-18 germans and about 50-60 Allies.

Saturday after all the Americans and Canadians quit we decided to give a go at the germans in town... it was like 10 British paras and then we picked up Canadian and AMerican guy.

damn germans w/ their fully auto sub-machine guns.. haha they kicked our asses

Mainly 'cause you can't see anything in the windows until it's too late.

Another thing, those damn Enfields... blah, the spring in my clip kept messing up and it wouldn't pop-up another round....

one time I was laying behind this tree when we came under fire from a MG44 and I saw this german off in the bushes to my right, so I pull the trigger... nothing, I pull the bolt back, get a shell in, and the german heard that and dove in the bushes... bastard.. hehe

I think I got about 4 or 5 germans myself...

oh and all of us(americans,british paras,canadians)all put in about 200 rounds all together into this german laying in this field but he wouldn't take a hit until someone rushed him w/ a carbine...

oh well

like I said, I recommend this too any ww2 nut. it kicks ass.

just a little expensive smile.gif

Last weekend of March is our next one and I'll get pictures from this one by then and I'll post them up for you guys.../

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee:

If some nut wanted to shoot at people I doubt *very* seriously he

would go to the trouble to join a historical reenactment group

and then open up on the "enemy" for real. There are a million

easier ways to do it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand that happened during the filming of Glory. From what I hear from a guy that I used to play Diplomacy with who was a reenactor and worked on the film, there were not enough reenactors of color to shoot the 54'th in battle line, so rather than hire black actors, they hired a random selection of unemployed black men from the local towns... So what they did was get a completely random sampleing of humanity and gave them all firearms... and powder... so you know that some knockleheads poured gravel down their tubes and fired at the stars during takes.

ok, true true, but honestly, if some wacko wanted to go kill people he wouldn't go waste $500 on stuff, then go and shoot at someone w/ a bolt action rifle(in my case).

If I was gunna do it, I'd go grab a full auto and go into a crowded area, even wackos hhave commen sense.

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

There's a whole WWII Re-enactors web ring out there.

Around the DC area, we have Die Genpenterdivision. Seems like a cool gang (I gotta find the time to go visit them). They are currently restoring an SPW IIRC.

Major events usually have referees in the field to make calls on "kills" and to award/remove "points" from a group based on correct tactical and historical behavior.

I'll look up the web site at work tomorrow, and post it here.

Damn, I have to find the time, brush up on my German, and round up the $$$ for uniform and gear, and I'll be there.

Gentlemen,

I see there is alot of talk here about World

war II Re-enacting going. After downloading and playing Combat mission I came

back here to see what it was all about, It's

great to see a Re-enactor Here, Tom, What

Unit are you With? I Am with the 12th SS

Panzer Grenadier Division In Oregon, Of the

Pacific Northwest Historical Group (check out

my Website too.) I've just Completed a year of Re-enacting and its been great stuff.

HAHAHAH YEAH!!

I just joined the 3rd Parachute Brigade here in Oregon! w/ the NWHA. damn, this is a small world!!

Did you go the the event this last weekend??

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

[This message has been edited by Tom Servo (edited 03-01-2000).]

Holy Crap! Tom! I used to be with the NWHA, I was untill I think It was Like September or so. The whole 12th SS Unit split up with the NWHA because of "Political" Reasons. It is hard to describe, but here is my take on It. First off, The Typical NWHA event starts off On friday and people start showing up at camp rilia, everyone starts slowly unpacking and then come like 1:00am Everyone finnaly gets to sleep, after seeing eachother again and talking, buying ammo and signing up for the battle. Then, (when the americans deside when they finnaly get up, Hehe) You would all head down to the battlesite, the axis and allies split up and everyone get into position at about 9:00 or 10:00am. Then you fight Untill it gets dark (Or if everyone starts bitching about the weather) and you would head back to the barracks to either go out into town for some pizza or make your own dinner then get ready for the half-day battle the next day (Sunday). That is a NWHA battle, its pretty fun and stuff! Right? Well My C/O Larry Martin of the 12th SS was always taking a step forward, our barracks looked as period as we could make it, we where in character as soon as we got there and bunks where made we were In full uniform etc..etc.. Well we would walk into other barracks and such (Now dont get me wrong, Im not attacking the NWHA and you Brit-Paras where hard as nails to best on the Battlefield) and would see like He-man Sleeping bags and normal clothes, a rack of mixed uniforms for sale..etc..etc... Well, Larry wanted to take it a step forward and do a 24-hour living history, where as soon as we got there we where not joe-blow, but our AKA's and got into Character as soon as we got there, we just left the NWHA because we wanted to pursue more of Life of a German/American soldier 24 hours, not just the battles. I mean, It was fun with the NWHA, but I, Me, I just enjoy living the whole weekend as a german, So thats why we started the Pacific Northwest Historical Group. some of the G.I.s heard about it and jumped on over to see what it was like and they are sticking with the PNWHG now, So basicly there are two clubs, One for Fighting and Battles, the other for Living Hostory and Battles.

That's my take on the Split, Its great to hear that you joined to a Re-enacting group, Its the best thing I have ever done!

Tyler Hayden

AKA: Gunther F. Tiebel

MG-Mannschft Panzergrenadier

Die 12th SS Panzer Grenadier Division "Hj"