First ww2 reenactment this weekend...

Haha well yah, that's about right from what I saw...

We went until the US guys bitched about the weather and also 'cause they couldn't break through the germans... so the paras, one gi, and one canadian went up against the germans in town, it was fun.

I didn't venture into many of the other's barracks so I dunno what they looked like.

I suppose ours was pretty good in the time frame, all modern stuff we tried to hide or cover up. This was my first reenactment so I dunno...

Too bad you guys stopped coming to the reenactments, they're kinda low on Germans.

Anyway, nice to see someone from around here on this forum.

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

"Tomorrows killed by yesterday..." -Link80

Go to my soldiers at war page~!! http://www.geocities.com/soldiersat_war or I'll sick a goat on you!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Babra

I recall a few years ago seeing an advert for, if ya could afford it, spending a three-day weekend in an authentic-style German POW camp. rolleyes.gif

------------------

Floreat Jerboa !

Tom, Those Dang G.I.s, hehe, The ones we have are great! One has a BAR and A thompson (Yes, they are carryied by the Correct Rank) and My Dad is Donnating a nice little .30 Cal for them to use.

It's great to see another Re-enactor (Local) on the List.

Hey Tommie! hehe

Tyler

That's good, there was one GI at the last one that looked about 12 or 13 and he was carrieing a Thompson. The bastards also opened up on us one time...

I went to your guy's page, looks great. You guys are doing a living history deal on June 3-4 at Fort Stevens right? That's what I heard. If so, I may stop by, the german stuff is always cool to see.

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

Go to my soldiers at war page~!! http://www.geocities.com/soldiersat_war or I'll sick a goat on you!

[This message has been edited by Tom Servo (edited 03-02-2000).]

I would still like the answer to the gentleman's question, "how do you decide who kills whom?" in the reenactment.

Are there umpires? Is it like scope training was in basic, where if you can ID the helmet number it's assumed you killed him?

It's kinda hard to explain, but you get the jist of it once you're out there.

It depends on

Cover

Distance

Firepower

Say you're running through and open field and a bolt action rifle fires at you, keep running unless it's w/in a certain distance where they would have obviously gotten you.

Now if you're running across that open field again and a fully auto oopens up.. consider yourself dead, unless you're like at 150 yards or farther.

It's all common sense....

if you can see me when I'm shooting at you, you're dead..., unless you're behind a good sized tree or some other obstical..

Don't take my word for it, I've only been to one.. so that's just my take on it...

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

I don't think we'll have a joint event, from what I heard, not many would be too keen on that idea.

I just figured if you guys are going to do it, I'd drive out there and check it out. I'd like to see some of the SS stuff.

I dunno what the NWHA is going to do, we're either gunna do one the weekend after you guys at fort stevens or one the same weekend at camp rilia(or whatever).

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

Tom, That would be great if you could drive out and see our display on the Normandie Battle. I remember last year, I saw some Tommies on the lower end of this hill, so I took my Rifle and Blasted one when I poped up, he had a sten and fired when he was falling (God Damn that looked so cool!) Then I Threw my Stick gernade down there and Thought I killed the other two, but they didnt see it so I understood that, but when I was Dead and was retriving my Grenade, I think His name was Sam Jones, hehe, He almost blew my head out with that cool little M1 Carbine he has! hehe

MG

Hello CM world... I just returned from a trip tyo Europe where some friends and I took a tour of some WWII battlefields ... god it was great biggrin.gif. I see there has been alot of talk about WWII reenacting ... Herr Oberst was right about "Die Gespensterdivision" That is my Unit ... we are based in Ashburn, Virginia I am also the webmaster of http://members.xoom.com/aufklarung

Please forgive the fact that our page has not been updated since Nov 1, I have been extremely busy these last few months, and hopefully I will find the time to update it soon rolleyes.gif. But there are a few good pictures on there to check out ... I hope you enjoy. biggrin.gif

JT Graber

Hauptfeldwebel

Pz.Aufkl.Abt.11 / 11.Pz.Div

"Die Gespensterdivision"

------------------

"It is well that War is so terrible, lest we grow to fond of it"

Robert E. Lee

Were the tommys british paras? or Canadians?

Larry, he carrys a M1 Carbine and he's a brit para, and Joseph carrys a m1 carbine and he's a canadian

Larrys, a big black guy so he's not hard to mistake and joseph wears glasses. Those are the only ones I know, may have been some other guys. But yes, I'll for sure come check out you guys. My mom's b/f thinks all the german uniforms and stuff are really cool so I might be able to get him to come along too.

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

[This message has been edited by Tom Servo (edited 03-03-2000).]

Tom, Yeah Yeah! The big Black guy! hehe, Hes a good fella. Yeah, as I Said, just drive up and see us fight and our Barracks and stuff.

You know, We all know the German's Where "Best Dressed"... That reminds me of a little passage in a book I was reading a while back.

It read:

"The American Soldier Dressed as if to go to Work."

"The British, as if going to s Sporting Event."

"And the Germans Dressed as though they where on Parade, Every day!"

Hehe, And Its quite true, too!

MG

Every once and a while I see re-enactors up here at the Washington Arms Collectors gunshow in Puyallup. I know alot of them come up from Oregon. Any of you guys in that lot? Some of the lads have had tables with all sorts of neat period equipment. Can any of you guys tell me where I can find an MP-40 dummy gun or parts kit? They seem to have all been snatched up in the last few years by renactors...

Chris in Tacoma

Yeah, Larry("the big black guy"), he's a great guy. Rob(another guy in our unit)has only good things to say about you guys fighting, he said you're one of the toughest units.

I came up to the "SUPER MALL" in Aurora? I know it's near pullylup(sp?). I went up there in January for a living history deal. There was a bunch of stuff for the Korean war but we came. Those damn hobnail boots suck on those hard floors.

I live in Portland so it's a nice long drive up there.

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

Tom, Yeah, Hehe. So what do you think of all of this living history stuff? Are you getting your own Impression together?

In Addition to using this list, Email Me at Ichimon@email.msn.com

Zamo, I really regret to say I havent seen a parts kit or a dummy MP-40 for sale in a long time, However, there was this company called "Collector's Armory" and they made some desent Dummy MP-40's MP-44's and FG-42's, however, they are quite rediculusly priced. I have a cool Plastic Brass/cap Japanese made Blank firing MP-40 made my Marashin, check out ebay to see if anyone has one of those, they are great, plus they are fully auto.

MG

I'm starting to get my stuff together. I have my Battle dress,trousers,boots(although they're rubber soled so I need to get some hobnail ones),and I just bought some webgear.

I need to get my helmet and rifle. Helmets are expensive(I'm sure not much compared to what you guys have to pay).

I was looking at your guys' site again, is that a MG42? And does it fire blanks or is it a gas gun? We were gunna make a Bren gas gun but one of the guys in our unit just bought a Vickers so... now we have that.

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

Tom, Cool! Getting the gear is cool, all of the stuff comeing and the mail, and opening them up: Christmas time, hehe. A Vickers, those are awsome, super heavy though as I would guess, a live Bren would be easyier to handle. My Favorite British gun is the Bren. I got wasted by one Last D-day event, I fell over and died really cool, hehe.

Yes, that is my MG-42, I am Gunner No.1 It is Live and fully auto, It's a ammo eater and shoots imbetween 1,500 and 1,000 round per minute. (We have alot of ammo cans)

I Frown on Gas guns, because they go: "Shoooooowsh, fart-fart-fart-fart-Swish-swoosh-swish-swoosh-swiss-miss-swiss-miss-who-who-who-farted?-who-Farted?

Hehehe, They are funny, If you still legally can buy a live gun, get one instead of a gas one, but If you plain cant afford it, plan on eventually getting a live one.

MG

Ahh damn, our next reenactment is the same weekend as the gun show. I'd have to get someone else to buy the enfield for me anyway, I'm only 17 so... but in AUgust I'll be able to buy my own "firearms"(woohoo).

We were talking about getting a live Bren gun but it was gunna be like $3000 and like you said, they're ammo eaters(.303 blanks are like $15 for 50 rounds), so we were gunna make a gas bren but now we have the Vickers so... Hopefully we'll have the Vickers out at this upcoming event.

How much do you usually spend on ammo for the MG42? Damn that has to be cool, Rob(one of the other british paras) said he got to shoot the MG34 at the last event(I dunno if it was a gas or live)and he said it kicked ass.

We just got a PIAT but we have to like get it approved before we can use it. It'll shoot film canisters. We have the 2 inch mortar too, but we couldn't get it to shoot last time 'cause the powder got too wet or something. That PIAT is a heavy bastard though.

I imagine the Vickers will be a bitch to carry around.. but oh well, gotta get used to it I suppose smile.gif

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

Tom, No ****, 17? Im going to be 18 in July, how about that, what school are you going to/did go too? I used to go to U.S. Grant.

Well, the MG-42 is a aw-inpsiring weapon, Highly regarded by Military Weapons Experts, Historians, and not to mention the Vets who used them, but also the ones who faced them. 8mm Blank ammo for the MG runs at $25.00 per 100 rounds. Plus, the Gun itself is $15,000 dollars, that is without the Laffete M42 Tripod aswell, which is about $1,000 dollars. $3,000 dollars for a Full auto, like a Bren isnt that bad of a deal at all, a MP-40 runs at $4,000 Dollars and a Thomspson M1928 at $7,000 Dollars. Plus, gas guns just dont have the "Feel" to them, and you cant shoot them Live ammo, which is half of the fun of owning an Item.

Dont get me wrong, Im not rich or anything, my Grandmother passed on 2 years ago and left us a house to sell, so thats why I had a lucky run in.

Re-enacting is the best hobbie to have man.

Why did you sign up anyways? Like what are your reasons?

MG

Damn, $15,000? The Vickers only costed $5,000 I think.

I moved into portland last june, I used to live in Vernonia(small hick town about 45 miles NW of Portland) and when I moved here I was going to go to Wilson HS 'cause I knew some people there but it was taking to long, and honestly I only had 4 1/2 credits anyway(I'm not stupid, just lazy). Blah blah blah...

I think I joined a reenacting group 'cause I recently(2 years ago I think)became super interested in ww2 and come on, it's pretty much being 6 again, playing army, just a little more realistic smile.gif

Also my grandpa was telling me I should join the army, so this is my way of joining the army w/out the Death factor being so high. I dunno...

Besides, it kicks ass.

I'll be 18 in August.

Yeah, must be awe inspiring to shoot something up w/ that MG42 using live ammo.

Thank god Oregon is a class 3 state(even though it seems not for long).

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk