Free Time

Ok, so I've noticed that most of the people on this forum have wives, girlfriends, etc. I have also noticed that most spend an increadible abount of time playing CM. My girl will be coming back in a month or so and I sincerely doubt that I will have grown tired of playing by that time. SO, what kind of excuses do you use the get away with playing through the night and still being allowed into bed when fatigue, or other "things", overtake you? I feel this to be a VERY important question and would appreciate any comments.

------------------

Upon the fields of friendly strife, are sown the seeds of Victory.

---Douglas McArthur

My GF was looking for a new job. She's not that great at internet searches, so I helped her.

I looked day and night. I scoured the net for that job. I was constantly searching. The best jobs are posted at night, you know, after she goes to sleep. Better check- gotta get 'em before those college punks in the morning!

Thank god for the Escape key.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

The best jobs are posted at night, you know, after she goes to sleep. Better check- gotta get 'em before those college punks in the morning!

Thank god for the Escape key.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe..lol. That was pretty funny

------------------

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it."

--A. Lincoln

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fuse:

Ok, so I've noticed that most of the people on this forum have wives, girlfriends, etc. I have also noticed that most spend an increadible abount of time playing CM. My girl will be coming back in a month or so and I sincerely doubt that I will have grown tired of playing by that time. SO, what kind of excuses do you use the get away with playing through the night and still being allowed into bed when fatigue, or other "things", overtake you? I feel this to be a VERY important question and would appreciate any comments.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dump the girlfriend and marry the game!

- not only will you have more fun, you'll also save a fortune. Either way you'll lose sleep though! wink.gif

Mace

Guest SS Peiper

Give her a Big kiss tell her you love her and then tell her you have to be alone to think about the BIG Question!! She does not have to know that the Question is were are you going to put that Tiger so he has good line of site rolleyes.gif

SS Peiper

Haven't had the problem since I don't have the full game, but I think that simple honesty would work.

In any event, she's hooked on some games as well (Magic: The Gathering), so as long as the 'Sauce for the goose' parable holds, I figure I won't have a problem.

The worst that ever tends to happen by the computer is a few extra calories between the beer/scotch/pizza/indian food.

In short, no problem really smile.gif

5m

I've found that working another shift than your wife gives you all the computer time you need.

of course you get the "what the hell did you do all day?" phone calls at work some nights. smile.gif

Lorak

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

"I've found that working another shift than your wife gives you all the computer time you need."

Definitely. My other half is a nurse, which means frequent weekend and night shifts. The other angle is that she gets exclusive use of the television while I'm at the PC.

:)

Tell her that you have considered the options, and that playing computer games is cheaper than playing golf or gambling, less harmful to health and cheaper than drinking, and cheaper and less morally objectionable than chasing other women. biggrin.gif

If she is not convinced, ask her to choose between the five... wink.gif

Henri

Guest dirkd1976

Tell her that you were going to spend the 53 dollars you spent on game at the local strip club on lapdances. Then at the last minute you heard about this game and decided to pick it up. She will be so happy she'll let you play it as much as you want. (well theoretically anyway.........I can't be responsible for any injurys caused to your person after using this response, so your on your own buddy.)

Good luck!!

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

[This message has been edited by dirkd1976 (edited 07-21-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Haven't had the problem since I don't have the full game, but I think that simple honesty would work.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa, hey guy, rookie mistake. Simple honesty? In order for that approach to work women would have to operate on a belief system rooted in logic ... hello? biggrin.gif

Joe

Yes, some of you are into some pretty risky approaches ("I was going to chase other women").

In my experience, a crime suggested is a crime committed.

That could lead (at best) directly to a conversation about what "everbody" wants from the relationship. I would rather bayonet charge a platoon of Flammpanzers.

I say, stick to a) stealth, and B) bribery. If ya wanna play ya gotta pay.

Just keep playing the game and ignoring her. Then, when she finally loses her patience and tries to talk to you about your "relationship", keep staring at the monitor and answer all her questions with monotone grunts. Pretty soon you will have all the free time you need.

Guest SS Peiper

Hey Dick Reece I know I had somthing in common with you(battle scars)!! I'm a veteran also on my 3rd wink.gif

SS Peiper

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:

Dump the girlfriend and marry the game!

- not only will you have more fun, you'll also save a fortune. Either way you'll lose sleep though! wink.gif

Mace

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just don't try to have sex with the game. You'll look a little funny trying to mount your computer, not to mention you'll probably ruin your monitor.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS Peiper:

Hey Dick Reece I know I had somthing in common with you(battle scars)!! I'm a veteran also on my 3rd wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geez, I feel so inexperienced redface.gif, having only one marriage over the past 35 years smile.gif. The good news is we`ve had plenty of time to adjust... biggrin.gif

Henri

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bauhaus:

Just don't try to have sex with the game. You'll look a little funny trying to mount your computer, not to mention you'll probably ruin your monitor.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

errr, Bauhaus,

Choose whatever's applicable:

i) I hope your not speaking from experience, or

ii) you play your games, I'll play mine! smile.gif

Mace