Max screen resolution...

4 hours ago, tursas said:

Can you please share how you were able to set the resolution to 2560 x 1600?

When I launch CMBS in Mac Book pro (13’’) it offers me only 1440 x 900 (and looks horrible).

I was advised by Battlefront support to edit the text file, but did’t work: it always defaults to 1440 x 900, making the experience really, really poor and definetly not worth of paying for the upgrade or the new battle pack for Black Sea 😔

You probably need to change the screen resolution in the system preferences. On Macs CM uses the same resolution as the system.

27 minutes ago, tursas said:

If that is the case does anyone have a recommensation on which resolution I should choose for 13’’ MacBook Pro, if the default 2560x1600 isn’t good?

Nah, you must have done something really wrong to end up with some non-standard resolution on the Mac. Default for both desktop and CM, that should be it.

I wish it was the case, but it is not: both my Mac & CMBS are in the default settings. No actions taken so far, beyond of running the latest OS updates.

Its quite standard computer too: 13’’ MacBook with retina display at 2560 x 1600 resolution.

Does anyone have the same?

18 minutes ago, tursas said:

I wish it was the case, but it is not: both my Mac & CMBS are in the default settings. No actions taken so far, beyond of running the latest OS updates.

Its quite standard computer too: 13’’ MacBook with retina display at 2560 x 1600 resolution.

Wait, what is your current problem? I though you could not run CM in 2560 x 1600?

1 hour ago, tursas said:

Go to Settings, Displays, and set your resolution to Scaled, More Space.  Then open up CMBS, set to Display Size to Desktop. Quit CMBS. Then start it up again. Presto - higher screen resolution.

I'm a little confused about it looking horrible though. Looks nice on mine. And I find the More Space setting to be hard on the eyes for anything else like web pages or working on text files. But it does work fine for CM.

And editing the "display size.txt" file won't do anything unless you change the Mac display to More Space.

Dave

Edited by Ultradave

12 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

First I have no problem, I saw your guidelines and my PC warned me against doing it. Possibly what works on your PC may not be applicable to other computers.

Possibly what works on my 13" MacBook Pro works for the guy whose question I was answering who has the exact same computer. Why are you arguing with me? I wasn't telling YOU to do anything.  Carry on mate. It was for the guy with the MacBook Pro.

Dave

23 hours ago, Ultradave said:

Go to Settings, Displays, and set your resolution to Scaled, More Space.  Then open up CMBS, set to Display Size to Desktop. Quit CMBS. Then start it up again. Presto - higher screen resolution.

I'm a little confused about it looking horrible though. Looks nice on mine. And I find the More Space setting to be hard on the eyes for anything else like web pages or working on text files. But it does work fine for CM.

And editing the "display size.txt" file won't do anything unless you change the Mac display to More Space.

Dave

Hi Dave and thank you very much! Very kind of you. Your reply resolved the issue.

I now understand how the CMBS resolution can be changed from the Mac Settings.

I think with ”More space” resolution setting (1680 x 1050) the texts in the CMBS opening menu and briefing screens look a bit better, maybe also the terrain and models too, compared to the Default.

I also tried the lower 1280 x 800 and 1024 x 640 resolutions.

With the 1024 x 640 the control menu in the battle view seemed to fit the screen the best, but I'm not sure if it looks better or now than the highest 1680 x 1050 resolution.

Can't really say what is the biggest impact of the resolution beyond how it makes the texts look and the control menu elements scale…maybe the difference is trivial?

Any thoughts on what gives the best visual experience for MacBook Pro with 13.3-inch retina screen?

Edited by tursas

I'm able to run everything at Best. Sometimes I turn shaders off, sometimes on. Some scenarios do better with them off. To me I don't see a big difference in the two resolutions. I'd say run all the graphics options at best/max, and then cut back a little if it seems to bog down. Should be fine for all but the biggest scenarios. 

Dave