Max screen resolution...

It's about that time to upgrade my computer setup(over 6 years old). I'm considering moving up from my 24" monitor to one of the 34" widescreen ones. It isn't a 4K one...but it offers 3440 X 1440 resolution. Of course, I will get a graphics card that can support it(probably Nividia GTX1080).

My question is...what is the max resolution anyone has gotten with CM: Black Sea?

It's the only game I even play these days. 

All the flashy new FPS games that are perfect for those ultra high resolution displays are of no interest to me. Right now I am using a 1920 X 1200 display and the game works fine(sometimes a little slow to refresh trees, etc but definitely playable). 

Has anyone had problems getting the game to play with newer graphics cards? 

Any insight on personal experiences with getting the game to play on the more modern equipment that has come out in the past 2-3 years would be appreciated...

One thing to considder if you 'up' the resolution to those numbers is that the in-game UI will become very small...It might be hard to make out the text and such if you don't have very good eyesight...

The UI does not scale with the rest of the screen in a very good way unfortunatelly...

I play at 3440 X 1440 resolution and in my opinion the UI is fine. I am not exactly a spring chicken either. 📼

If you have played the game a lot you know what to look for. They only issue I have had is with a mod which shows the wounded in a certain way but there are alternatives for this. 

I would not go back.

15 hours ago, cbennett88 said:

@Hardradi Lol...that is the same one I am looking at getting! 

Well...it looks great from these pics...but...what's your impression? Any problems?

Does it get worse when you zoom in...or stay crisp looking? What about screen lag as it re-draws trees in the distance while zooming around?

No problems. Zoom works fine but...

I think what kinophile said is correct with regards to the monitor. You will still get lag. I don't think it will improve performance of CM. You get a widescreen with lots of pixels.

Edited by Hardradi

Wideness has little to with it. A wider monitor just means you see more in the horizontal dimension basically. If I crop Hardradi's screenshots to be 2560x1440 - only removing the sides for it to be the same as my resolution - it has the exact size like my game, which also fits roughly with the monitor if we consider 34in at 21:9 and 24in at 16:9 the monitors are very close in height with Hardrazi's monitor probably being around 1in taller (and thus the pixels tiny bit larger).

The problem is 4K monitors which have 2160 pixels in the vertical, a significant increase from 1440, or 1080.

Edited by Muzzleflash1990

Looks like we'll need to get 34" or larger monitors to really play with 4K.

BTW:  Will a 4K UHD TV play a game in as high def (with same image quality) as a monitor?  It used to be that computer monitors were higher res and the image much better quality.  But, is that still true?  

• 1 month later...

I set it up the same way I had with the previous monitor... by editing the game data file. It's okay. The graphics for the battlefield(trees, vehicles, etc) is what I expected. The ability to see the whole battlefield without scrolling is the biggest plus.

I just wish the UI wasn't so "muddled". It's certainly readable, but not enjoyable to look at. I realize the game isn't designed to scale to this resolution. It just seemed that from his screenshots, the UI looked better than what I am seeing on my setup. Figured by asking, he might reveal his setup just in case there is a setting I might have missed...

8 hours ago, cbennett88 said:

I set it up the same way I had with the previous monitor... by editing the game data file. It's okay. The graphics for the battlefield(trees, vehicles, etc) is what I expected. The ability to see the whole battlefield without scrolling is the biggest plus.

I just wish the UI wasn't so "muddled". It's certainly readable, but not enjoyable to look at. I realize the game isn't designed to scale to this resolution. It just seemed that from his screenshots, the UI looked better than what I am seeing on my setup. Figured by asking, he might reveal his setup just in case there is a setting I might have missed...

Sorry mate, just seen your post above. 😁

I did not edit the game file at all, just use the Display Size where I used the Desktop setting, graphics usually set at Best/Best.

• 3 years later...
On 6/23/2018 at 12:21 AM, Glubokii Boy said:

I play at 2560 X 1600...and i would not like the UI to get smaller then that. It covers less then half the with of the screen IIRC. With something like 3440 it would be even smaller...

Can you please share how you were able to set the resolution to 2560 x 1600?

When I launch CMBS in Mac Book pro (13’’) it offers me only 1440 x 900 (and looks horrible).

I was advised by Battlefront support to edit the text file, but did’t work: it always defaults to 1440 x 900, making the experience really, really poor and definetly not worth of paying for the upgrade or the new battle pack for Black Sea 😔