Commonwealth and Sovjet armies in CMFB

First there was Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy, then there was Combat Mission: Red Thunder and now there is Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg. I think that Both CMBN and CMRT combined contain most of the opponents fighting each other in Europe during the Second World War. In the Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg base game there is only US Army, German Heer, German Luftwaffe, and German Waffen-SS present. I sure hope there will come an addon, or addons, to the Final Blitzkrieg which makes all the other armies present too?

There was of course also Combat Mission: Fortress Italy. But as the Italians had surrendered by the time of CMFB that game isn't included above.

I've only played the demo to Final Blitzkrieg and will soon play the demos for the other three WWII games. But I already feel that if there will be an addon, or addons, to Final Blitzkrieg, which gives the buyers of the game access to the major armies, there will be opportunities to make custom made scenarios similar to the most interesting and fun scenarios from CMBN, CMFI and CMRT.

Edited by BornGinger

• BornGinger changed the title to Commonwealth and Sovjet armies in CMFB

My Grandfather and Great Uncle fought in the Scheldt, it would be really fantastic to see the Brits and Canadians all the way through VE Day.

Comedy Answer - Monty famously claimed that he saved the Americans at the Bulge, I'm sure our American friends would like to be able to play a campaign detailing how that happened. :D

14 minutes ago, DougPhresh said:

My Grandfather and Great Uncle fought in the Scheldt, it would be really fantastic to see the Brits and Canadians all the way through VE Day.

Seconded.

The fighting in the polder country was truly terrifying, scenarios set in that environment would be utterly brutal.....Your ancestors must have been gutsy guys.

default_poppy.gif 

19 minutes ago, BornGinger said:

I sure hope there will come an addon, or addons, to the Final Blitzkrieg which makes all the other armies present too?

That is indeed BFCs intention as far as i know...It will most likely take a while though as other 'addons' (modules) and full games are currently being worked on.

19 minutes ago, BornGinger said:

But I already feel that if there will be an addon, or addons, to Final Blitzkrieg, which gives the buyers of the game access to the major armies, there will be opportunities to make custom made scenarios similar to the most interesting and fun scenarios from CMBN, CMFI and CMRT.

I'm sorry...but this is not a good idea...Most peolpe BUYS those games also and because of this there will hardly be any players that will be intrested in designing a CMBN or CMRT scenario using a MOD for CMFB.

You will not have any scenarios to play...unless you design them your self....

If you start with buying CMFB i'm sure you will like it and further down the line you will also buy the full CMBN, CMFI and CMRT games...They are well Worth the investment ! :)

2 minutes ago, RepsolCBR said:

I'm sorry...but this is not a good idea...Most peolpe BUYS those games also and because of this there will hardly be any players that will be intrested in designing a CMBN or CMRT scenario using a MOD for CMFB.

You will not have any scenarios to play...unless you design them your self....

If you start with buying CMFB i'm sure you will like it and further down the line you will also buy the full CMBN, CMFI and CMRT games...They are well Worth the investment ! :)

Please disregard this...;) I missread your post and thought that you would use a MOD to design CMBN and CMRT scenarios for CMFB....but that was not what you wrote...i see now...

1 hour ago, DougPhresh said:

Comedy Answer - Monty famously claimed that he saved the Americans at the Bulge, I'm sure our American friends would like to be able to play a campaign detailing how that happened. :D

Paddy sips on his Guinness recently "liberated" from a bar in the Antwerpen docks. "Oh the love the Baby Jeezus, Field Marshall. There they go calling me a "Brit" again. It's enough to make me take a sledgehammer to me Bedford and let them wallow in the mud without any fecking bridging equipment."