The Acquire Command

I know that infantry have to enter a truck to replenish their ammo using the Acquire command.  I am wondering how an armoured car can replenish it's ammo.  In the scenario I am playing I moved an armoured car next to a truck which had the ammo that the machine gun on the armoured car is using hoping that the Acquire command would work but no luck.  Is it possible to replenish the ammo of a vehicle? Thanks.

1 hour ago, CanuckGamer said:

Is it possible to replenish the ammo of a vehicle?

To expand a wee bit on sburke's reply, at present there is no mechanism within the game to allow this. Suggestions have been made for ways to accomplish this, but so far BFC have not commented on the issue. I expect it is far down on their "to do" list.

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Emrys said:

To expand a wee bit on sburke's reply, at present there is no mechanism within the game to allow this. Suggestions have been made for ways to accomplish this, but so far BFC have not commented on the issue. I expect it is far down on their "to do" list.

Michael

the long way of saying no. :D 

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, IanL said:

Have you had one run out of ammo? The are the quintessential egg with a hammer :) . I usually find they die long before they run out of ammo.

As with all light vehicles in CM2 one needs to use em at long range, or as mere transports, or dismount and use the crew as inf/recon.  Allowing light vehicles to come within small arms range is usually suicidal.  The typical CM2 map size is the issue here.

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2017 at 9:50 PM, Erwin said:

As with all light vehicles in CM2 one needs to use em at long range, or as mere transports, or dismount and use the crew as inf/recon.  Allowing light vehicles to come within small arms range is usually suicidal.  The typical CM2 map size is the issue here.

I keep hoping that that will change!

Especially with the Dutch OOB in CMSF, if they're coming to SF2, that will need to be looked at, lest the Syrian desert resemble The Somme.

14 hours ago, DougPhresh said:

I keep hoping that that will change!

Especially with the Dutch OOB in CMSF, if they're coming to SF2, that will need to be looked at, lest the Syrian desert resemble The Somme.

What do you hope will change? If a light vehicle has armour that is vulnerable to small arms then driving them into small arms range = bad outcome. I am a bit confused if you order a vehicle forward the enemy will try to take it out. If they have the ability to do that expect holes. That is what I expect - I hope that does not change. Unless I am missing your meaning.

10 hours ago, IanL said:

What do you hope will change? If a light vehicle has armour that is vulnerable to small arms then driving them into small arms range = bad outcome. I am a bit confused if you order a vehicle forward the enemy will try to take it out. If they have the ability to do that expect holes. That is what I expect - I hope that does not change. Unless I am missing your meaning.

Yeah you have to be very specific in developing a scenario as to what you intend to use them for.  For example if they are being used for a recon patrol, your objectives may simply be to spot enemy units.  That is an assignable option in scenario creation.  The main reason I think you don't see that more is most players would probably object to it as boring cause they aren't out to kill something.

I'd definitely play such scenarios (I already write 'em), get in, spot the targets (and/or call in the airstrike), then leave via an exit zone.....If I were modelling the SAS in action your forces would have a spot objective on them too, such that the enemy get points if they so much as see you (it's the Hereford way).  :ph34r: 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

"...objectives may simply be to spot enemy units.  That is an assignable option in scenario creation."

Have played a couple like that but did not realize that that sort of recon/spotting objective was actually a genuine victory objective in CM2.  So as a result assumed that it was just a way to get one to kill something.  duh!   :mellow: