Don't hand me the same old line...

Say what do you all think about this idea that I hope would be a relatively simple addition. When having a lot of units advancing in formation sometimes the end points of movement lines blend right into the movement lines of the preceding units making it hard to tell where other units of the same platoon are stopping at so you can keep that wedge or  other march formation nice and tidy.

How about having the effect that when a unit of the same platoon is selected the movement lines of the other units in that platoon that have plotted a movement are highlighted at a lower intensity. It already highlights the icons of units within that organization when one is selected so this seems like the next logical step in the evolution of things.

18 minutes ago, mech.gato said:

How about having the effect that when a unit of the same platoon is selected the movement lines of the other units in that platoon that have plotted a movement are highlighted at a lower intensity. It already highlights the icons of units within that organization when one is selected so this seems like the next logical step in the evolution of things.

It already works that way...

Oh, you want this included in the 'Action Phase', and not just 'Orders Phase...Got it. 

Edited by JoMc67

Well what I'm really asking for is when "show all moves" is on and for example, you select one squad out of a platoon, all the move paths from other units not related to that platoon stay on the map. But only the move paths already plotted by elements of that same platoon are further highlighted in a manner so you can easily see where the other units of that platoon are plotted to and use these highlighted paths to make the squad's movement path so it stays in its relative position to its place in the formation during movement.

Yes, would be useful. 

Have also long asked for color coding of teams/squads from each platoon which would help.  When you have to resupply a bunch of squads it's most efficient to split into teams and load one team from each squad.  But sorting them out afterwards can be time consuming. 

Actually the entire ACQUIRE process needs a compete revamp.  It an example of how the unnecessarily complex "mechanism" of play in CM2 requires a wasteful amount of mouse clicks and time - time that one would rather spend enjoying making fun tactical decisions.

Oh hey, I like the color code idea better. Then the movement lines are different colors, and if there is say four units to a formation and only three lines of that formations color showing a movement path then you can quickly see that someone didn't get a move order. Bravo sir! I really think that would be easy to do. As long as they take into account color blind people like me and don't make the color shades too close to one another.

And yes the "Acquire" process always reminds me of the British Army at The Battle of Isandlwana. The Zulus were coming in waves but the British couldn't use their advantage of firepower because they were too spread out to concentrate that firepower. And the rate of fire among the units varied constantly because the Quartermaster made the ammo runners stand in a orderly line and you had to have a issue chit signed by a officer to draw ammo. Not to forget they couldn't go through the laborious process of opening a case of ammo before it was needed because the Quartermaster didn't want the ammo exposed to the elements unnecessarily. 

Oh with a title like that it just screams give him the usual answer. :D  If only I could figure out what that was????

How about this: I don't see much of a problem in that situation and that doesn't seem necessary.

No, no that's not it.

How about this: nice idea but there are so many things that I would rather see BFC work in. 

Yeah that's probably the one. Anyone else gotta a same old line to add. There have to be a couple more and after all he asked for them :)

Re colour coding: yeah not a good idea, two words, colour blindness. Having a couple of intensity levels is ok though.

How about a classic move line: "Color coded lines? Color coded lines! We don't need no stinkin' colored coded lines..."

Why not do this mod in honor of two best friends. Charlie Brown and Linus

Or when a platoon of units is selected all movement paths already plotted by the units is dotted. And a little sign that says what unit is using that path appears. That way we can cover the "sign on the dotted line" aspect of the game

Okay, that is enough. I don't want to cross a line

Make sure you guys "drop me a line" when you figure out the consensus on what line to use.:lol: