Allow us to replay completed campaign battles

kraze

Why isn't the option there?

Other wargames and strategy games allow it and it will be an awesome addition to CM and here's why

I'm playing Battle Pack 1 US campaign and first 2 missions are really good and I would like to replay them (and most likely many others that'll follow) as "standalones" later. This wasn't such a major wish with original campaigns since those are just 4-5 missions long but now I remember this is exactly same thing I missed in CM Shock Force where campaigns are long and branching.

The only way to do this now is to create savegames at the start of each mission until the save menu gets overflowed.

But why not just do some kind of "in-game" autosaves that will keep the same data (like core units and their losses), but just add them as a mission selection list. That will massively expand the choice of single battles without the time commitment of the campaign that is needed to reach those.

Edited by kraze

One way to do it could perhaps be to create a separate sub-folder within the Battlefront-folder and  name it something like'saved campaignmission' and simply move the save-game files created when playing the campaigns from the original saved-folder to this one for storage and then simply move them back to the saved-games folder when you wish to replay them.

Would this not work ?

I've used that program also and it works fine. I doubt it will work on a campaign save-game file though to allow you to split out single missions with previous casualties intakt.

You could quite easily tweak them in the editor though. Change things like headcount, ammo and moral as well as removing any piece of equipment that you lost when playing the campaign.

Here you can go as detailed as you wish or simply do some quick overall tweaking. :)

On 4/29/2017 at 2:42 AM, kraze said:

How does it handle core units? Does every mission start with them at 100% since there's no data about losses or how well you did from previous ones? (just curious)

Thanks for the link

Yes, the standalone missions begin with everything in place unaffected by previous battles.  You can obviously edit either side to your heart's content, though.

You can also create your own core unit file and follow the manual instructions to recompile the campaign to your own taste.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02.05.2017 at 8:31 AM, Vergeltungswaffe said:

Yes, the standalone missions begin with everything in place unaffected by previous battles.  You can obviously edit either side to your heart's content, though.

You can also create your own core unit file and follow the manual instructions to recompile the campaign to your own taste.

Thanks, haven't yet gotten to trying the utility but will do it today because that sounds really nice