long range zook kills - who holds the record?

I had a schrek take out one of Meeks' Shermans, that would put it at several thousand miles, since I'm an East Coaster, and he's a West Coaster... wink.gif

------------------

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...

[This message has been edited by Herr Oberst (edited 11-03-2000).]

It was the time zones more than anything, my boys weren't even awake yet.

I had 161m and 156m kills in a game against Freyland with some 'zooks, but nothing longer.

------------------

I've got far more annoying things than that up my sleeve.

-Meeks

You must wear awfully loose shirts to fit an oompah band up your sleeve.

-Chrisl

In the other direction, I had a zook team trying to kill a Germy HT.

First shot was at 150m. last shot was at 80m, closest shot was at 40m.

Total rounds fired: 7

# of rounds hit: 0

Almost ammusing watching this HT drive almost right up to my guy, and then pass him, and drive away, all while he futilly tries to hit the thing...

Jeff

I mentioned this in an earlier post-thinking it may represent a flaw/bug.

I lost a pershing to a panzershreck/panzerfaust (can't remember which), which hit the upper hull, from 208 meters. I was playing as Americans against the computer. Slightly off topic, but in the same game, one of my chaffees destroyed a king tiger with a side turret hit at 330 meters or so.

Both incidents surprised me.

Steve

Green PIAT vs. non-moving Puma at 190m.

[Edit:] Oh, yeah. From the same game: a conscript PIAT vs 250/9 HT that had *just* started moving when it was killed at 167m.

Lost a *moving* Sherman to a Shreck at >200m in VoT vs. AI. frown.gif

- Chris

[This message has been edited by Wolfe (edited 11-03-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stephen Smith:

I mentioned this in an earlier post-thinking it may represent a flaw/bug.

I lost a pershing to a panzershreck/panzerfaust (can't remember which), which hit the upper hull, from 208 meters. I was playing as Americans against the computer. Slightly off topic, but in the same game, one of my chaffees destroyed a king tiger with a side turret hit at 330 meters or so.

Both incidents surprised me.

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would the Chafee surprise you? IIRC, the King Tiger has about 80mm of side armor, and the Chafee can penetrate right around that. I would not be surprised by that result in the least.

Jeff Heidman

Interesting responses, but I must admit that I am surprised that so far no one has beat 183 meters. I knew it was an exceptional shot (first shot, by the way), but now I am appreciating it even more! Makes me wish I would have saved the game prior to that turn so I could watch it over and over again (especially when the inevitable happens and I miss a 25 meter shot with my last round against the rear of a tiger - it's happened before) wink.gif

In one of my first games from the Beta demo a bazooka team took out a Stug at 200m with it's first shot. It so incensed my opponent, a fellow by the name of Schrodi, that he came on the forum to vent his frustration, causing a fair bit of grief among the regulars at the time. frown.gif

Ron