what do folks use to take CM screen captures

MG TOW

Since fraps got out of the business wondering what peoples are using now. I heard bandicam was good. I tried it but all it does is capture the CM2 splash screen. I can be 40 minutes into a game and still the spash screen is what gets captured. So what else is out there. And free.

13 minutes ago, gundolf said:

Since fraps got out of the business wondering what peoples are using now. I heard bandicam was good. I tried it but all it does is capture the CM2 splash screen. I can be 40 minutes into a game and still the spash screen is what gets captured. So what else is out there. And free.

I still use Fraps.  I was going to ask what you were talking about.  Then googled it and learned Fraps has not been updated since February 20, 2013.  That must be what your talking about.  I had no idea....................... :(.

Apparently it also had various screen capture capabilities for your normal windows screen (like recording for presentations etc.) and those features stopped working with windows 10 and they have not updated the program to make them work again. Since I only use it for in game capturing I never even knew about those features let alone noticed that they were missing.

For Mac users there are some options:

Command-Shift-3 while capture the full screen. No plug-ins or additional software required. Plonks it on your Desktop for editing or whatever you wish to do. 

Capto is an app that does the same thing but also captures video with in-game sound. And allows for voice-over if you have a mic on your computer. Cool for making vids.