Re manning / manning capture at guns?

During a recent battle of mine a mortar shell landed near my AT gun and my soldiers flee'd from it. After that i didnt have any options to re man the gun so my at gun was out of service for the entire battle(the gun was not damaged) also wondering if it was possible to man enemy vehicles or at guns, any help would be awesome thanks.

Edited by Mark_McLeod
spelling error

27 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

At present the game does not permit remanning by any except the original crews. Exceptions are trucks and jeeps and the like. In my limited experience, anyone can jump in one of those and drive it away.

Michael

And correct me if I am wrong, but AT guns can't be re-manned, which is frustrating...

No, that's not it. The determination was long ago made that a gun crew would "spike" the gun (render it inoperable) so as to not fall into enemy hands. So if things get too hot for the gun crew and they decide they have to abandon the bug they will render it inoperable. That is why you cannot reman the gun later.

This has been debated and argued over a few times (I'm understating it :-) but that is BFC's stance. It does mean that you cannot setup a gun and have the crew hidden in a safe location during an artillery barrage and then go back to the gun which is a drag but it is what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

It's actually pretty straightforward - as a scenario designer - to give unicorns (or partisans) whatever equipment you want then to have. The only downside is they probably won't be wearing the correct uniform.