What's next in the modern line?

Duckman

Hopefully a version of CMSF that updates it with some of the new features.  My only hope is that we can still play the existing scenarios and campaigns as imo some of them are the best that have ever been made for a CM2 title as designers were fresh and highly motivated and had several years of CMSF enhancements before any WW2 titles were released.  It would be a real shame if those became unplayable.

I would expect a number of Black Sea modules probably including additional US,  NATO, Russian and Ukrainian forces. Possibly Belorussians and Baltic States (hint, hint!:-)

As far s modern theaters after the Black Sea game your guess is as good as mine but I think a return to the Middle East s most likely. However a 1980s "Fulda Gap scenario would be a good one for the "tankies" among us 1:-)

According to Mike, CMBS will have next module after new CMFI module. I would love to see new NATO forces such as Germany, UK, and Poland. However, I do wish to see more updated US/UA/Rus forces close to real life now. And new systems, like realistic building destruction & debris, variable weather, winter background and etc...   

11 hours ago, Duckman said:

There's a fair bit of information about the future of the WWII titles, but where does the modern line go from here?

More Black Sea modules? 80s Cold War? Something else? Have there been any hints?

According to Chris. The next Black Sae module will include Marines, Naval infantery, VDV, and high tech toys. He said he really wanted to flesh out the existing countrys. Before moving to new countrys. 

Edited by Armorgunner