V4 'Sneak around Corners'

Ok, Guys...Help me understand how this new V4 'Peak around Corners' work with pics ?

Now, it seems if I move a Squad/Team up to a building corner and hide in same turn my troops will stay tucked out of sight, and not automagically seek a corner to peak...However, if I move (and not hide) and use Face Command I seem to get different results.

It just seems there are so many variables at play, such as angle of buildings (in relation to map), length of buildings, and if it's a Squad vs Team, etc.

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

17 hours ago, JoMc67 said:

Ok, Guys...Help me understand how this new V4 'Peak around Corners' work with pics ?

Now, it seems if I move a Squad/Team up to a building corner and hide in same turn my troops will stay tucked out of sight, and not automagically seek a corner to peak...

Good, I think that is what we would want - I have to admit I never tried that, bad tester bad.

17 hours ago, JoMc67 said:

However, if I move (and not hide) and use Face Command I seem to get different results.

It just seems there are so many variables at play, such as angle of buildings (in relation to map), length of buildings, and if it's a Squad vs Team, etc.

Right if your men are not hiding, some of your men will be peaking. The face command can be used to determine which corner to peak around. I am not sure if you can get one unit to peak around both corners of a building or not. If you have a multi team squad you could defiantly split the squad and set the face command for two teams to have them peak around two corners but I don't know if a large multi team squad would peak around both corners or not automatically.

Just now, Erwin said:

Since this is math (programming) rather than nature with its larger random elements, if it happened once in the game then the programming allows for it and it is a law. 

Yes, but what I meant to say is that it is far from sure that it will do this consistently. That conclusion is yet to be shown.

Michael