Changing the intro music

3 hours ago, markus544 said:

I tried to change the intro sound to something other than the standard one.  I changed the file from MPEG 4 to wav and it does not work.  Does anyone know if the size of the file matters?  Anyone have any ideas I've tried everything I can think of.

Hi markus544,

Listing the features of your system PC / Mac, etc. could help others answer your sound query. Mac vs. PC files need different parameters... and I don't know the answer but others might. We both can learn how to make new intro sounds :).

Buzz

10 hours ago, markus544 said:

Thanks for that.....I have a AMD  PC...

Mark

You are welcome Markus544. I am on an Intel Mac most of the time. Hackintosh lets me jump over to Windows side as well. Most of the sound mods I have used work on PC side. Can't say the same for Mac side. Dabbled in adjusting / modifying PC sound mods for Mac side with occasional success. Never have nailed down the exact sound file features required.

Buzz

On 28.1.2017 at 8:26 PM, markus544 said:

I tried to change the intro sound to something other than the standard one.  I changed the file from MPEG 4 to wav and it does not work.  Does anyone know if the size of the file matters?  Anyone have any ideas I've tried everything I can think of.

Yep, sounds like a settings issue. Use WAV-files and 44.1 kHz, 16 bit as Astrocat said and set it to 1411 kbit/s. You may need an audio convertor to change the settings of your music file.

Otherwise: Search the forum, there are a few discussion of the topic.

There are tons of free programs online that will convert a file to another type. I use this website:

http://www.online-convert.com/

Once you have the file in .wav format all you need to do is name it correctly and you should be good to go. 

I changed the main menu music to the theme from Medal of Honor: Spearhead for a bit of nostalgia.