Trouble with JS-2's MG

Jumpete

After hundred of game hours, I've noticed that the MG mounted in the JS-2 hull (right side, together the driver) isn't working. Really, this MG is modeled only in last JS-2 model, but I'm not sure if this one is working or not. I only want that the servers know this bug and, if it's possible, resolve the problem in futures updates.
Thanks and continue with your great job.

Edited by Jumpete

(Real world) IS-2 actually does have a hull machinegun! (Gasp!) Except it appears to be all but useless and may have not been fitted in combat. Its a rigid-mounted weapon with a keyhole opening on the right side. No pointing, no aiming. You sometimes see a mg barrel poking out of the opening on museum vehicles but I don't think I've ever spotted a mg barrel in a wartime photo.

Jumpete,

I believe it should be on all models, since it was a design innovation which provided space for additional fuel, according to Soviet Hammer, a blog. The weapon was remote fired by the driver.

(Fair Use)

"The IS-2 was one of the first production Soviet tanks to remove the traditional second driver/hull machine gunner from the bow of the tank, providing additional space for fuel tanks. In place of a ball mounted MG on the front plate, a DT machine gun was mounted on the right side of the hull behind the driver and up near the turret ring. It was fired via a remote control firing cable from the driver's position."

Was going to see what Valera Potapov's excellent site Russian Battlefield had on this, but the site shows nothing but a blank header and ghosted map backdrop! Some small consolation is that I found a new Russian weaponry site called Russati.su It's full of Red Army tank, AC, SPA and missile goodness from the Tsarist period to the present. Unfortunately, it didn't have what I needed.

Regards,

John Kettler