The Corridor Campaign

TheBog11

• 4 weeks later...

So it's been almost a month, with no responses. I tried messaging ChrisND (the scenario designer), but no dice there either. Anyone have any ideas?

If I don't hear anything, I might just try the first scenario, and use a small amount of mortar rounds, and see if they get resupplied in the second mission...

Hummm that does not seem right though.  When I look at the campaign decision tree from @Mad Mike's scanner I see Blue (and Red) resupply are set to 100 for each battle. I thought that should mean more ammo.

http://www.combatmission.lesliesoftware.com/FortressItaly/Campaigns/GL The Corridor.html

Is it possible that the resupply does not effect artillery?

6 hours ago, TheBog11 said:

I believe they are core units, because they are part of 4th Platoon, which is the part of the Panzergrenadier company, which is a core unit. I'm going to play as if they won't be resupplied. :)

I think you are right, but don't trust scenario/campaign designers 100 % ;) you might get some resupply, who knows.

Am happy to never be 100% sure whether reinforcements or resupply will occur. However, designers should make that uncertainty clear so that players don't screw themselves up.  And of course each mission of a campaign should be winnable (perhaps at a lower level) even if resupply or reinforcements do not arrive as promised. 

At all costs, players should not have to back up one or more missions just to replay them to ensure that they have enuff ammo etc.  The surprises of a mission is 90% of what makes it interesting and fun.  Replaying a mission is usually 90% guaranteed to be a major PITA.

I'm working on a campaign at the moment and I have an idea for reinforcements: its called "pendulum of battle", in the campaign there will be one or more reinforcements that will not be mentioned in the mission briefing but will suddenly appear on the map, it can be a tank or a howitzer battery or whatever, what do you guys think of that idea.

2 hours ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

I'm working on a campaign at the moment and I have an idea for reinforcements: its called "pendulum of battle", in the campaign there will be one or more reinforcements that will not be mentioned in the mission briefing but will suddenly appear on the map, it can be a tank or a howitzer battery or whatever, what do you guys think of that idea.

I think your briefing should at least mention something about other units in the area which may be able to reinforce or support.  Something like, "Division HQ is out of contact with a number of units operating in your area.  Should you establish contact with any, link up and consolidate under your operational control for the duration of active operations."

One really has to clarify what is the point in terms of the scenario objectives of the unexpected reinforcement.  Am not sure why unexpected reinforcements that are specifically not mentioned in the briefing would enhance the scenario. 

Better to design a campaign in which one can choose via the binary method already established what level of reinforcements are available for the next mission.