Brits yelling "cover me!" while sitting still

17 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Haha yeah I know this is a tiny thing :)

No...I mean, Really...As in, you should know that the Brits take their time and think things through before moving, this in contrast to the U.S., who Say & Move all in one step...lol. 

Edited by JoMc67

2 minutes ago, JoMc67 said:

No, I mean Really...As in, you should know that the Brits think things through and take their time before moving, this in contrast to the U.S., who Say & Move all in one step...lol. 

Well it makes sense to keep yelling for covering fire all through the day, so that, when you finally decide to make your move, your buddies will be well aware and ready to support you :) 

Or maybe it was intended to have a campaign with US troops fighting alongside the Brits, so that they could take turns yelling COVER ME and LET'S GET SOME NOISE DISCIPLINE OVER HERE

Edited by Bulletpoint

8 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Well it makes sense to keep yelling for covering fire all through the day, so that, when you finally decide to make your move, your buddies will be well aware and ready to support you

I don't know...the section that cried "wolf"?

"Oh, pay them no mind, they're always doing that."

:D

Michael

Brits shouting 'cover me' is either, depending on if they are Scotish or English , buying a round of drinks when they discover they have insufficient funds on their person and call for the nearest person to pay for it instead, or in the Englishmen's case simply calling for a tea cosy...

Tea-Cosy-3.jpg

Meanwhile in the rest of the Limey Army. Taffy is bending down to pull up some leeks. And Paddy is (feels tap of granddad's ghostly finger on my shoulder) shouting " ~#'%##£$%  ~'@~##%%&% ing English Officers trying to get us all killed again".

Edited by Warts 'n' all

19 hours ago, Wicky said:

Brits shouting 'cover me' is either, depending on if they are Scotish or English , buying a round of drinks when they discover they have insufficient funds on their person and call for the nearest person to pay for it instead

Clever gits. The old trick of having someone pay for rounds with the promise to pay it back after the war, then get killed in battle...

I love the irony of games.  The constant chatter by your soldiers in CM or GTOS when you are making a stealthy move.

Or in Ghost Recon I am creeping through the brush with my sniper rifle and my spotter/security teammate shouts:  RIGHT BEHIND YOU.

Fortunately, the OPFOR AI is probably hard of hearing.

Games can be funny!

Edited by markshot