Which Units / Formations use the M1903A3 Springfield?

2 hours ago, pappagoat said:

Fizou have / can you test that? I don't own CMFI, just CMBN and CMRT.

Just did, for July 43, US Inf Bn and Engineer Bn that are set to poor will be equipped with Springfields instead of Garands. 

Thanks that screenshot is great. I've been interested to play CMFI. I've also been tweaking some of the pacific mods for CMBN and making a few map... however it seems CMFI would be a far better platform for PTO modding due to:

• Availability of earlier US infantry TO&E
  • Springfields as shown above for early USMC
  • 37mm M3 Gun
  • US tropical uniform already in game
  • A range of French / Italian tanks similar in appearance to Japanese
  • Italian Breda HMG similar to Japanese Type 92
  • With Gustav Line British can still be used to represent Japanese as in CMBN, or possibility to use Italians depending on their force structure.

However I guess there's also the terrain types and textures to consider, e/g/ is there the XT Grass?

Edited by pappagoat

15 hours ago, LukeFF said:

I wouldn't bother with trying to make the game look like the Pacific. There's far too many differences to make it look right. 

And aside from not looking right, and far more importantly, they won't act right. There are far too many differences in equipment, organization, and doctrine to ever get an authentic experience out of the excursion.

Michael

Well, that is a matter of opinion. I realize I seem to be in the minority on this subject, which is why I usually keep quiet about it, but I am also unapologetically hard-assed about it. Of course different people come to the game for different reasons looking for different things. I come to it hoping to find historical authenticity. Other folks are just looking for a mash up game. Different strokes. Me, if I want an evening of friendly competition I'd rather play chess. Or even Monopoly!

:D

Michael