Favorite Non-included vehicle

Originally posted by Sequoia:

If you could have just one (or two) more vehicle(s) included in the game what would they be and why?

The Humber LRC Mk III, of course.

A turret the size and shape of an inverted bucket, paper-thin armour, and the fierce combined firepower of a Bren and a Boys -- what more could you want?

If I'm allowed a second one, I'd have liked a Churchill IX. 152mm of slabby frontal armour and a six-pounder with Sabot -- you could take on Panthers with that.

All the best,

John.

Mmm. The one that wasn't finished until 1947 or thereabouts, and then scrapped.

I'd have liked some Centurions - they only missed the war by six weeks or so.

Engineering tanks are another big favourite, as long as you have the capacity to undertake the engineering operations*

*I realise the AVREis in there, butthey only really function as gun tanks, when they nearly always had something useful as well.

I might as well list my own. First would be the Flakpanzer 38, not much firepower, but it looks really cool. The Hitler Juegend division (what was that, the 12th SS Panzer?) had them in Normandy.

Next would be the Staghound armored car, but at least we got them in CMAK.

Originally posted by flamingknives:

Engineering tanks are another big favourite, as long as you have the capacity to undertake the engineering operations*

*I realise the AVREis in there, butthey only really function as gun tanks, when they nearly always had something useful as well.

Some flail tanks (such as the Sherman Crab) to clear mines would be pretty sweet. I understand that the Germans had some mine clearing tanks (Check out the second to last picture) that they used on the Eastern Front. And of course, the British had flail tanks in North Africa.

OK, the craziest tank to have would be the Soviet KT (Kyrliatyi Tank). Anyone familiar with this tank? I don't think it saw action.

Originally posted by SGT. Mark:

OK, the craziest tank to have would be the Soviet KT (Kyrliatyi Tank). Anyone familiar with this tank? I don't think it saw action. [/QB]

I'm not familiar with the KT. What's so crazy about it? (though obviously it would belong in CMBB)

Originally posted by Sequoia:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SGT. Mark:

OK, the craziest tank to have would be the Soviet KT (Kyrliatyi Tank). Anyone familiar with this tank? I don't think it saw action.

I'm not familiar with the KT. What's so crazy about it? (though obviously it would belong in CMBB) [/QB]</font>

Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sequoia:

That's the T-35. They fought against the Finns but

I've read that the one's sent against the Germans in '41 ran out of fuel before becoming engaged.

Russian Battlefield says that T-35 wasn't used in Winter War. </font>

• 3 weeks later...

The idea about having motorcycles in the game isn't so bad... wasn't the German bike with the carriage, MG34/42 mounted, the symbol of the Blitzkrieg?

Mounted cavallery would be something, too, as said above. There are cavallery troops in CMBB, but they don't fight mounted. I'd love to see a charge like in 1864.

• 3 weeks later...

Rail Guns... like Dora etc.. these things were 300-500m wide barrels. They are kind of accounted for with some of the larger shells the artillery spotters can bring onto the battlefield - but wouldn't it be cool to see one of those puppies firing?

Of course, because of sightlines, they'd be useless unless out in the open plains or steppe of Russia. Perhaps this would be a good idea for CMBB?

Maybe not. Heh. smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...