Thick Trees and the Serpent's Tail

With the move towards Germany, I was wondering if there are any new terrain features being added in? I'm thinking denser, more varied trees to go with the new stream "terrain". I'm also interested in West Wall fortifications, including the walls of Dragon's Teeth and improved fortifications. Not holding my breath, but would like to be surprised. 

The number and size range of fir trees has expanded for the northern Europe. The bugle title didn't get the birch trees of the eastern front but it did get pretty new fall foliage. ^_^ 

About new terrain features, it's kind'a hard to come up with terrain types that aren't already in the game. CMFB terrain that CMBN doesn't have would include deep marsh, reeds, and heavy rocks. The clover, crops and flower tiles are still in but are in hibernation til spring. The 'bocage' in the game is not Normandy hedgerows but roadside foliage the people and vehicles can pass through.

One interesting new item is 'snow path', a road type that's separate from the road tiles that only appears when the terrain's set to snow. This comes in handy when the snow get REALLY deep and your roads disappear. Nobody's sending out the community snow plow to clear roads between the warring combatants. <_<

The number and size range of fir trees has expanded for the northern Europe. The bugle title didn't get the birch trees of the eastern front but it did get pretty new fall foliage. ^_^ 

About new terrain features, it's kind'a hard to come up with terrain types that aren't already in the game. CMFB terrain that CMBN doesn't have would include deep marsh, reeds, and heavy rocks. The clover, crops and flower tiles are still in but are in hibernation til spring. The 'bocage' in the game is not Normandy hedgerows but roadside foliage the people and vehicles can pass through.

One interesting new item is 'snow path', a road type that's separate from the road tiles that only appears when the terrain's set to snow. This comes in handy when the snow get REALLY deep and your roads disappear. Nobody's sending out the community snow plow to clear roads between the warring combatants. <_<

I said it before in another thread, but I think it bears repeating: the foliage in CMFB looks the best I've seen in any CM game. I think they do a great job of representing the damp autumn climate. If you're used to CMBN, it is a big contrast, but then in real life we don't go from midsummer green to late autumn tones in one second. Bear that in mind when you look at the palette. :)

Thanks Mikey D and Buddy B for the info about the trees. As a matter of fact I plan on checking out the latest video posted in a different thread here, and I can always look through yours and the other AAR to check out the trees again.

I'd love to see new fortifications in a module, if only for the fact that I can't imagine we'd be seeing much of them save for some France 1940 title or perhaps even an uber-Flak tower in one of the later Red Thunder modules. As for the "Serpent's Tail", I'd really like to see it on a few maps. I can imagine a campaign built around a slugfest at the West Wall could be done on a single map. At any rate, I can't imagine it would be too resource intensive/difficult to program and throw down some dragon's teeth, but what do I know?

It opens up an interesting dilemma for the first time which is having same terrain being fought over across two different families of CMx2 titles. There is those 'hacks' that were discovered but if there could be someway more formally in the future for there to be some easy way to transfer maps between titles to save poor map makers and scenario designers wanting to look into their campaigns, well it would save a lot of heart ache. :)

It opens up an interesting dilemma for the first time which is having same terrain being fought over across two different families of CMx2 titles. There is those 'hacks' that were discovered but if there could be someway more formally in the future for there to be some easy way to transfer maps between titles to save poor map makers and scenario designers wanting to look into their campaigns, well it would save a lot of heart ache. :)

I´ve already suspended on some september 1944 CMBN battles as I think with some the new features in CMFB, I´d rather shift my efforts to the october 1944 time frame. Might need to remod some autumn terrain back to late summer though. Couldn´t hurt if BFC releases some autumn terrain screenshots now btw.