Three in one go

Burns

A HARD WAY TO LEARN A LESSON,

But you can at least know many of us have learned the same lesson in similar ways.

It is a high risk move to  have your armor units that close to each other. Even if the explosion does not get more than one. If they are spotted first, you are giving the enemy the perfect set up to get a second shot off on a second target before you even fire.

It didn't, i believe. Hit one,  then the secondary explosions pierced the godawful side &  rear armor of the adjacent BMPs. 

I think. 

Thats right, it hit the one on the left (AT guns point of view). Thats what happens when i get too lazy to setup more appropriate movement orders when a 2 hour scenario draws out too long and i grow tired. Aah well, history is a catalog of blunder.

One 100mm shell kills 3 BMP-3M. I realize that the BMP´s were a bit too close <Snip>

Wow, that was brutal.  IIRC I read a WWII book (Tigers in the mud?) on the eastern front that had the minimum distance between tanks at 80 meters.  I found that 80 meters is not really practical in the game.  Especially when you are trying to have two, three or more of your tanks engage the same OpFor tank at the same time.  Your tanks are just not likely to have the same LOS if they are spread out 80 meters between each one.  

The TACSOP I am currently using is to have all vehicles at least two action spots apart (16 meters).  That is two open action spots between the vehicles.  (Vehicles don't use action spots just infantry but you can check the distance with the line of site tool or click on a nearby infantry unit and check.)  

It looks like your vehicles had only one action spot between them.  If you had a save of that turn it would be interesting to see if you replayed it with two action spots between the vehicles and see if that would change the outcome.  If not maybe increase it to three action spots.............. Maybe time for an experiment or two. 

Thanks for posting the video of this incident.  It is better for the rest of us to learn here than in the middle of a PBEM game.   :)     

Nice post.

Ive killed a T90 with a jav.

My opponent had BDRMs either side and they both were taken out in the explosion.

I was not sure of the personnel on board to comment re the extend of damage inside.

They were one action point away - maybe one of them was two aps from what i recall.

Ive hit BMPs with javs , If they have light armour beside them its a 50/50 if they go up.

Its Hard to space armour as some times you want to concentrate armour / firepower.

Therefore have an infantry screen go ahead and or sniper cover if you do to see ahead a way

a narrow fire arc to minimise threats is also recommended.