Odd building entry bug

@user1000 The building types being discussed including the one shown in a previous post, but also effecting some of the other buildings introduced with Market - Garden was ported over to Final Blitzkrieg for some strange reason only known to BFC. It had been discussed often enough for them to have done something about it but they chose not to.

The only way to avoid having your troops shot up is to run some tests and make a note of which buildings have the door bug. If the buildings are standing alone, then your troops will enter by the side wall nearest the door. If the building is in a row of other buildings, then your troops will go all the way around the block to enter via the back door.

The fact that this problem has been shown and commented on in yt videos in the past does make the mine boggle somewhat. Ho hum.

I assumed bf knew and the doors were barricaded or locked, some people would do that, hoping to return some day. The doors were of pretty heavy metal or wood back then no? Are all the front doors unlocked? I have never seen them go around to the back always the opposite.

Edited by user1000

1 hour ago, user1000 said:

I experience this commonly, they enter the side facing the enemy. Why do you suspect it's a problem on one game and not the other. I thought all the games were suppose to be on the same page with each other.

Only because someone alluded to it further up the thread. I'd have thought they were the same too.

14 minutes ago, user1000 said:

I assumed bf knew and the doors were barricaded or locked, some people would do that, hoping to return some day. The doors were of pretty heavy metal or wood back then no?

You'd think soldiers fighting in an actual combat zone would be able to get around the problem of a locked door. In fact I'm always slightly baffled they never elect to use the windows. Given the choice of walking into a hail of bullets or inconveniencing themselves climbing through the window, I know which I'd choose. And trust me, I'm far too old and fat to treat climbing through a window lightly. ;)

Edited by John1966

6 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Perhaps you could post some screenshots of the ones that are giving you trouble in Normandy.

I'll try and remember next time it happens.

But recent examples include one-storey isolated house and a two-storey town house adjoining an identical one. Both had doors front and back and the door in front of the pixeltruppen was ignored in favour of the one round the other side with unamusing consequences.

I'm normally too busy swearing to remember to screenshot.

15 minutes ago, John1966 said:

I'll try and remember next time it happens.

But recent examples include one-storey isolated house and a two-storey town house adjoining an identical one. Both had doors front and back and the door in front of the pixeltruppen was ignored in favour of the one round the other side with unamusing consequences.

I'm normally too busy swearing to remember to screenshot.

If I recall correctly you mentioned it happening with the large 'steeples' in CW Holy Ground, which from the name (and the Allied forces involved) I'm guessing is from the CW add-on.  Having said that, when I had played the scenario a couple of days before your post, I didn't notice such behaviour.  Maybe my good luck or poor observation rather than inconsistency...

12 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Swearing at the screen is something I do far too often. When playing as the Germans my expletive of choice is "Unter den Bloody Linden".

Outch, THAT really would hurt people. 😎

You know the of rest of the verse? Translates approximately to “Under the linden we’ll find each other when May comes”.

Boah, shudder.....😱