User made Scenarios/Campaigns for Sale?

There is no way for you to create a scenario and restrict access only to individuals who purchased it from you.  There needs to be a means within the code for you to link scenarios to your 'battlepack' and the only one who could do something like that would be BFC.  So the short answer is 'no'.

plus you agreed to a EULA that says you can't. 

Per the EULA

User-created scenarios and other materials like graphics or other mods may be distributed free of charge, but shall not be sold, licensed, or included as part of any package or product that is sold or licensed, without the prior written consent of Battlefront.com, Inc.. You may not rent or lease the Software or related materials.

Now if there was a way to meet the requirement ASL noted above AND get BF's agreement...

Edited by sburke

A la the idea of Bethesda for paid mods...  BF should leverage the community.  Let users submit scenarioes and campaigns to BF that meet some criteria.  Have them vetted by BF staff to do QA.  Put them on a in a battle pack for sale.  Give the modders a slice of the spoils.

What could possibly go wrong??

-F

You could make a donation to someone using PayPal. Say a dollar or so. Not mandatory, just as a sign of appreciation if you liked the scenario (it IS a ton of work after all). Not sure how many people would actually do that though. You probably will not get rich this way <_<

A la the idea of Bethesda for paid mods...  BF should leverage the community.  Let users submit scenarioes and campaigns to BF that meet some criteria.  Have them vetted by BF staff to do QA.  Put them on a in a battle pack for sale.  Give the modders a slice of the spoils.

What could possibly go wrong??

-F

There may not be a simple or workable way of doing this considering the current legal and regulatory business environment. 

Edited by ASL Veteran

What you probably could do is have your own web site with your mods/scenarios available for download and a "If you like my material, please consider a donation so that I will be motivated to create more" button that links to PayPal.

Most people who play CM are adults and probably have the financial means to make modest donations to people who create content for the game or run gaming clubs and file repositories. I know I have.

I wasn't being completely serious - Bethesda's attempt to allow monetization of mods for Skyrim didn't go down to well.  It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that this isn't the way things go at some future point though for games like Skyrim, Fallout et al that have very active modding communities.

-F