Master maps

For a map to be "qualified" for a QB, it has to have at least one AI plan for each side. I don't think the master maps in any of the families have such, so they're not "fit" for QB use. If you wanted to use them for a HvH QB, I imagine you could make a copy, put in a 1-group, one-order plan for each side and have at it.

Cut out a piece of a Master Map and create your own scenario on it. This is what I did in CMRT Gates of Warsaw.

I treated the cut out as a somewhat raw map. I made considerable changes to the cut out (adding flavor objects, but I also added a few 100 meters to one side of the map that I needed and were not in the original).

By starting out with a cut out of a Master Map and adapting it to your needs (if that is even necessary of course), you save a LOT of time compared to making your own map from scratch. 

Edited by PanzerMike

Thanks for the explanation. Hopefully I will someday get to a skill level where I will be able to create a scenario. 

It's not so difficult, it just takes a LOT of time, because the editor is quite cumbersome to work with. It doesn't bite though, and it can be fun when you see the map coming to life. Try it out :)

Edited by Bulletpoint

Thanks for the explanation. Hopefully I will someday get to a skill level where I will be able to create a scenario. 

Check out Preambulator's videos on Youtube. They helped me a lot in making my first scenarios and getting over the intimidation factor of the editor. 

Good luck, kch001 and enjoy the ride. Making a scenario can give great satisfaction. If you need tips and tricks, just ask here on the forum. There is a sizeable group of scenario builders hanging about that are willing to answer any questions.

And the ultimate prize is of course sharing it with the community :-)