Place for Real time players

here is a 32 slot network for everyone who wants to play real time battles either with me or anyone else in that network,let it be unofficial official  Room for Temp Reel players , CMx2 (italy,normandy,thunder and black sea) (including turn based games,without email)

Download Hamachi:

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/download.aspx

(Unmanaged) <---

instalation is simple,almost identical to cmbs instalation

if for some reason you run into troubles,pm me 

after its done installing, launch it and press Power button (not on your pc) ,then it ll ask you to create account (sign up) login, and this is the network (join an existing network)

100-792-846

password:eb

a tournament is in the works atm,still in alpha stage  (Real time), so this is also a good way to potentially get more people into the story before it happens,and play some battles outside the tournament aswell

Excellent idea Lacroix. I don't expect a full house especially right out the door, but it is a step in a direction to make real time game opponent matching easier for those who want to play. One will have to use this external program to link up, but there really is no other alternative on BF's site or in the game. I do understand why they are leery about having a live chat room as it would need to be moderated because unfortunately grown men don't always act like it, but hopefully those who enter the unmanaged chat can remain gentlemen. You should post this in the opponent finder forum too. I think you may be jumping ahead with real time tournaments though. I'd try to get people more interested in casual play first with less pressure. For anyone who wants to play at a particular time when you have some time to spare I would suggest just keeping this chat program on in the background  to see if anyone else joins within a period of time. Personal messaging someone to go to the chat should work too to get a game.

I'll download later after work and check it out.

Excellent idea Lacroix. I don't expect a full house especially right out the door, but it is a step in a direction to make real time game opponent matching easier for those who want to play. One will have to use this external program to link up, but there really is no other alternative on BF's site or in the game. I do understand why they are leery about having a live chat room as it would need to be moderated because unfortunately grown men don't always act like it, but hopefully those who enter the unmanaged chat can remain gentlemen. You should post this in the opponent finder forum too. I think you may be jumping ahead with real time tournaments though. I'd try to get people more interested in casual play first with less pressure. For anyone who wants to play at a particular time when you have some time to spare I would suggest just keeping this chat program on in the background  to see if anyone else joins within a period of time. Personal messaging someone to go to the chat should work too to get a game.

I'll download later after work and check it out.

i know it wont be easy making the tournament. currently there are me , my brother(not right now in there but will be soon) ,eniced (soon will join network) and one guy from steam , in the hamachi room. i expect our population to doube this week

edit: just had a Red thunder game,got smashed

still used to pbem,but was a fluid action packed game at least

Edited by Lacroix

Hi .. I went to click the download and then stopped and asked "what is this network thing and how does it related to the BFC in game multiplayer?" I search and see it allows people (n=30?) to "network" and play "games". I wonder why this is the first I heard of it. It sounds interesting. I am not the paranoid type - did banking via a modem - but need more info before I d/l and check it out.

Kevin

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118683-h2h-internet-connect/?hl=hamachi#entry1592287

Here you go.  If you know how to port forward then you should be able to get this to work without Hamachi.  For those of us that do not, Hamachi is a simple way to allow the connection.  I have been using it for years with no problems.

It is also a simple chat room.  pop in see who is online ask for a game.  pretty simple.

Edited by eniced73

Hi .. I went to click the download and then stopped and asked "what is this network thing and how does it related to the BFC in game multiplayer?" I search and see it allows people (n=30?) to "network" and play "games". I wonder why this is the first I heard of it. It sounds interesting. I am not the paranoid type - did banking via a modem - but need more info before I d/l and check it out.

Kevin

You have never heard of a VPN before?

Maybe I have but not in the realm of wargaming. BTW I logged into the hamachi room and coundnt see how to proceed.

Kevin

theres a chat room and when you arrange a battle, you just type in IP of the person you are playing (in game) same as u do when playing Pbem,just its different ip,provided by hamachi. mine ip for example is 25.68.228.239 (port:7023). basically what hamachi is , is real time lobby for chatting/arranging battles and it provides IP , nothing else. since nature of Real time games or wego games are that they require you to arange them and be online at the same time, hamachi is almost a must

Why would you need Hamachi for this? Seems like an unnecessary security risk.

there is no realistic security risk.its funny when i hear that , really

and its quite necessary,you can talk in real time so to speak , while on forums you have to chase other person in a circle with delay between each message(also,here you see whos online and can talk directly whenever you wish and organize a game or get quick update is he available/when will he be available approximately etc,interface is extremely clean)

Edited by Lacroix

I guess its mostly the chat room to find opponents rather than the forum >> email <> email > fight battle via C

(I did not see the chat feature in the hamachi room)

Kevin

yes  , theres a common lobby and there are private instant messages (right click, send message <on desired target>) 

there is no realistic security risk.its funny when i hear that , really

and its quite necessary,you can talk in real time so to speak , while on forums you have to chase other person in a circle with delay between each message(also,here you see whos online and can talk directly whenever you wish and organize a game or get quick update is he available/when will he be available approximately etc,interface is extremely clean)

Every time I encounter someone who can't figure out how to port forward to get Combat Mission or anything else working, they inevitably disable their Windows firewall, and are flapping in the wind, so to speak.

If you want to talk to someone get a VOIP server. They cost a whopping $3/month

Edited by SgtHatred

Every time I encounter someone who can't figure out how to port forward to get Combat Mission or anything else working, they inevitably disable their Windows firewall, and are flapping in the wind, so to speak.

If you want to talk to someone get a VOIP server. They cost a whopping $3/month

i still see that you are implying that hamachi is a security risk. i duuno how to persuade you that its not, and also i doubt anyone care about our existance to attempt any kind of hacks on us

ts3 is a good software but dont quite like the interface

edit: ts3 is more for Voice chat,and we dont need that i think

Edited by Lacroix

Why would Hamachi be a security risk instead of opening an extra port in your router and forwarding it to your pc? :D
Besides not everyone has the ability to log into their router and open any port on the uplink interface.

PS Skype or steam voice chat is a decent alternative over a VOIP server or TS group. You aren't gonna play combat mission with more than one other player.

Edited by Lethaface

Why would Hamachi be a security risk instead of opening an extra port in your router and forwarding it to your pc? :D

Besides not everyone has the ability to log into their router and open any port on the uplink interface.

PS Skype or steam voice chat is a decent alternative over a VOIP server or TS group. You aren't gonna play combat mission with more than one other player

people here just hate steam, theres a legend that its devil's work. who knows, it could  be true

PS Skype or steam voice chat is a decent alternative over a VOIP server or TS group. You aren't gonna play combat mission with more than one other player.

For the reasons I specified in my last post. If you want to be the guy that connects with to a VLAN with people who can't figure out how to port forward, be my guest. It's really excessive for a game a simple as Combat Mission.

Skype maybe. I always thought that Steam Voice Chat was low quality and latency heavy, although that may have changed. 

This is exciting. I am excited with an excited face. Thanks for setting this up. Would I still need to port forward to play a real time game with Hamachi?

no you dont need to do anything,hamachi will provide us IP  . just need to make account and login (and ofcourse find someone who is willing to play in that room)