historic data on Road to Nijmengen campaign

i was searching but didn't find anything so maybe someone here could help.  i am looking for testimonials, maps, after action reports... anything involving real troops depicted in Road to Nijmengen campaign by Paper Tiger. i wasn't able to find anything specific and would like to know if somebody could point me in right direction.

thanks

mbarbaric,

I think it's important to note that at least some of the battles in that campaign are semi-historic. Actually I think one of them is an outright fictional battle.

As for sources, I've read lots of books and 1st person accounts/ autobiographies:

September Hope by John C. McManus

Hell's Highway by George Koskimaki (101st in Market Garden)

The Road to Arnhem by Donald Burgett (trooper in A Co 506)

All American All the Way by Phil Nordyke (82nd Airborne in WWII)

Hell's Highway - US 101st Airborne & Guards Armored Division by Tim Saunders

Arnhem 1944 The Airborne Battle by Martin Middlebrook (really good source for British at Arnhem)

Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose

all the BoB spin off books published mostly by surviving members of E Co 506 including Dick Winters

It Never Snows in September by Robert Kershaw ( a view of German side during MG - this has detailed OOB for German units)

There are some Market Garden websites too, just google for them.

The two After the Battle, Then and Now books covering the operation are well worth having a look at as they include a mass of then and now photos, period maps and brief descriptions of key actions.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/372/dp/1870067479/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1430166767&sr=1-10&keywords=Then+and+now

They of course cover the whole MG campaign and so are broader than just the road to Nijmegan though.

P

Edited by Pete Wenman

The two After the Battle, Then and Now books covering the operation are well worth having a look at as they include a mass of then and now photos, period maps and brief descriptions of key actions.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/372/dp/1870067479/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1430166767&sr=1-10&keywords=Then+and+now

They of course cover the whole MG campaign and so are broader than just the road to Nijmegan though.

P

I love the Then and Now books. Expensive, but worth every penny. I'm always dipping back into mine to read up on things that crop up in the game or, when a particular anniversary comes around.